4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2013 10:14 PM by Trybek

Batch Automap to Multiple Target Applications

Trybek

Hello,

I've Googled and read through the admin guide but I'm still confused with this function.  I have multiple target applications in one FDM application and I need to setup an automap function for all the target applications.

I would be very grateful if someone could answer the following questions and describe the process.

1. How do you set  “AutoMapCorrect” location for multiple target applications since there are different dimensions in each application? 
      2. Do I have to add a suspense member for each dimension in every target application?
      3. I’m not sure how to produce a report that will tell a user: Here are the automapped members of the outline that kicked-out during this run?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Batch Automap to Multiple Target Applications
          JTF85

As far as your first 2 questions, I can not provide a lot of help, as I'm pretty sure the out of the box automapping works only for the default adapter but I'm not entirely sure on that.  To the 3rd problem, I've implemented a little script and put a taskflow associated to it in menumaker.  I've toned this down a bit so I may have missed something in the syntax, in my implementation, I also removed the records of the suspense mapping to help push the user to fix them on a timely basis and added some error trapping.  This was done by changing select * to delete * from tDatamap.

strSQL = "Select * from tDatamap "

strSQL = strSQL & "Where SrcDesc = 'Auto Map Suspense'"

Set rs = DW.DataAccess.farsKeySet(strSQL)

If Not rs.bof And Not rs.eof Then

Do Until rs.eof

lngCounter = lngCounter + 1

strProblem = strProblem & rs.fields("srcKey") & vbcrlf

rs.movenext

Loop

rs.close

Set rs = Nothing

RES.PlngActionType = 2                '(See Enumeration: ScriptActionTypes)

RES.PstrActionValue = "The Following were the suspense Maps" & vbcrlf & strProblem

End Sub

Regards

JTF

• 2. Re: Batch Automap to Multiple Target Applications
            SH_INT

I've never tried this but how about this for a solution to 1

1) Register an instance of the PULL adapter.and asscoiate it with the automap location

2) Enter all application dimensions in the Pull adapter

3) All the dimensions will be available in the maps screen for the location and each will have to be set to target the relevant suspense member (so the answer to your 2nd query is yes)

Let me know if it works.

If the pull adapter does not have enough dimensions to cover all the differences in your applications then if you want to implemet automap corrrect across all target applications then you may have t create seperate FDM apps

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Batch Automap to Multiple Target Applications
              user10757003

The automap correct will work for all adaptors not just the default. It's use can be controlled by the batch script used to initiate the batch process. If you want it switched on for some locations / targets and off for others then you could have multiple batch scripts and move the apporpriate filed from staging folders.  Or, use a common suspense code for each dimension regardless of the target applicaiton. I have used it with HFM v9 and an essbase applicaiotn with additional dimensions and it works fine.

Just on point 3 of the original posting, FDM holds the information which can then be reported in one of the batch reports. There is also an event script which you can add bespoke code to and e-mail the results to users etc. Another option is scan the mapping tables as the automap uses a specific descripion where automap records are generated. 

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Batch Automap to Multiple Target Applications
                Trybek

First of all, thank you for all responses!

I was able to use SH's suggestion and I linked the "AutoMapCorrect" location into a data mart adapter.  I really like this approach because I can control how many dimensions I need to enable for the entire environment with multiple target applications, works well.  Dimensionality in target apps is vastly different; therefore, I used common codes to integrate all dimensions (suggested by user10757003). 

On question 3 - I'm not a vb coder; therefore, I would really appreciate if someone provided the code with some comments on how to implement.

Thanks!