1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 25, 2013 4:00 PM by CraigB

how to trap duplicate fields?

05ce8847-63f6-462d-9c5b-c21076276bb4

hi,i am using oracle forms developer 6.0.i want a standard stored procedure to trap duplicate fields.i need to track data types number,char and date.i was not using primary keys and foreign keys.please help me anyone.must be a standard one.thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: how to trap duplicate fields?
          CraigB

05ce8847-63f6-462d-9c5b-c21076276bb4 wrote:

hi,i am using oracle forms developer 6.0.i want a standard stored procedure to trap duplicate fields...

By this, I assume you mean you want to check for duplicate values in a block.  There are several ways to do this and there are several examples of this in the Forum and on the Internet.  Many of the examples on the Internet are demonstrated in Forms versions greater than Forms 6.0, but they should still work in Forms.  You just won't be able to open the sample/demo forms included with the examples.

i need to track data types number,char and date.i was not using primary keys and foreign keys.

Why would you not want to enforce uniqueness on your table?  As I mentioned above, there are methods in Forms to check for uniqueness (duplicates) in Forms, this should always compliment what you enforce through your table - not replace what you enforce on your table.

Craig...