9 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2013 6:49 PM by scott.wesley RSS

Submitted values don't match browser values

scott.wesley

Hi

(Yesterday I started a discussion regarding session state protection violation, but I feel that may be a red herring and the problem may worth a fresh discussion)

I have a report page where I added a form region to allow edit of a selected record, within the same page.

Where my link might be

100:1:15194361801340::NO:1:P1_MODE,P1_ID:E,123

where p1_mode defines the condition of the html region holding the items.

I had various issues with session state violations (see previous discussion), but when I set 'value protected = no' to allow save/apply changes, I encounter unexpected validation errors.

I inspected session state and found the item values did not match what was submitted. They were all offset by 5 places, ie - out of my dozen items, the top 5 were blank and the values started 5 values down

ItemValue
      P1_ID
      P1_THE_FK
      P1_DATE
      P1_USER
      P1_COMMENTS
      P1_CATGY1
      P1_BLAH2
      P1_DOUBLE_BLAH14-06-13
      P1_TRIPLE_BLAHWESLEYS
      P1_QUAD_BLAHThis isn't right

(coincidentally?) I converted all items below p1_comments to hidden fields. In fact, at the moment only the comments field is shown.

However even when I display the first bunch of fields, the page renders correctly but still doesn't submit properly.

Has anyone had this happen to them before? Is there something simple I can do to inform apex to right itself?

APEX 4.2.0.00.27

Scott