2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2013 9:43 AM by Bas de Klerk

Error in PDF file when generating PDF reports via apex listener

Bas de Klerk

Hi All,

Apex 4.2.3

Apex Listener 2.05 / Standalone

I've configured my apex instance to print PDF reports via the APEX listener. Created a standard report and added the print link.

Now when I try to print the report ( or download IA reports as a PDF file ) the PDF file is corrupt, the only contents in the PDF file is the error below.

Any ideas what the cause/solution is ?

com.ibm.xtq.xslt.jaxp.HandledRuntimeException: [ERR XP1037][ERR XPST0003] Parsing XPath expression './/' has caused an error.

regards

Bas

• 1. Re: Error in PDF file when generating PDF reports via apex listener
          Wouter de Waard

Hi Bas,

For what it is worth: I have the same type of problem in my setup

Oracle 11gR2 DB XE

Apex 4.2.3.00.08

Listener 2.0.5

This setup produces a corrupt PDF.

When I run my page I do get the "print" link on the bottom of the page.

Clicking the link does produce a .PDF but showing this file triggers an error in my PDF reader: Format error: not a PDF or corrupted.

Opening the .PDF file in a text editor reveals the corrupt content.

%PDF-1.4

%ª«¬

Unknown function: gatherContextInfo

Now I also have a Vbox running with the Develope Days image

Oracle 11gR2 DB XE

Apex 4.2.3.00.08

Listener 2.0.5

The same page there works like a charm. Your error is different, i can see. But I guess there is something wrong i the call from the DB to the built-in FO processor in Listener 2.0.5. Or maybe in the XSLT of XML files sent to the processor.

Maybe you can try a similar setup and find the error in the XSLT file or the XML file.

I will be very curious if your efforts will result or already have resulted in something useful.

Regards

Wouter

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Error in PDF file when generating PDF reports via apex listener
            Bas de Klerk

Hi Wouter,

thanks for the hint.

I'm having the issue on an AIX 6 environment with an EE database.

I will try to see if the same app also runs into error on an XE environment on Linux ( kind of similar to your virtualbox ) and try to find out which component is the cause.

Might take some time but I will keep this thread updated on any progress.

Cheers

Bas.