This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2013 9:41 AM by Andreas Weiden RSS

Java class in oracle forms

979801 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello experts,

I am new in oracle forms.I am using oracle forms 11g with weblogic 10.3.5 at windows 7.Someone please clear me that the injection of java programing in oracle forms is through BEANS item only or I can use it(java class) as a part of my oracle forms.I mean I have a Java class.Could I use this java class inside my oracle forms without using Beans Item.

Thank You

regards

aaaditya

• 1. Re: Java class in oracle forms
    Andreas Weiden Guru

In forms you can use java in two different ways

1. On the client-side. Using java-beans you can extend the client-functionality of forms. The code will run on the client-computer in the context of the applet.

2. On the server-side. Using the java-importer you can build a PL/SQL-wrapper around a java-class and so use the java-code in your forms-PL/SQL

What is your reuqirement?

• 2. Re: Java class in oracle forms
    979801 Newbie

Thanks to reply,                 Actually i want to run my java class without use of beans in my oracle forms.As per your suggestion I have to follow the server side java injection but I did not know how to do this.So please tell me. thank you regards aaditya

• 3. Re: Java class in oracle forms
    Andreas Weiden Guru

YOu do not decide if you use client-side-integration or server-side-integration on the fact that you want to use beans or not. it depends on the functionality you want to implement. thats why i asked what your requirement is. what does your java-class do?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points