12 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2014 7:44 AM by User518789-OC RSS

From where to download ODI (11.1.1.6.3) ?

User518789-OC

Hi All,

I want to install ODI (11.1.1.6.3)  not any other version

But in the link  http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/data-integrator/downloads/index.html   only 12c and 11gR1 (11.1.1.7.0) is available.

Please let me know from where I can get the installation files for Windows (64) for ODI (11.1.1.6.3) ?

Thanks,

P

• 1. Re: From where to download ODI (11.1.1.6.3) ?
          $anty

I think 11.1.1.6.3 is a Patch Set Update for ODI 11.1.1.6.or If it was there, it may have been removed by Oracle as 11.1.1.7 & 12c are released.

You can raise a Media Service request from Oracle Support to get the installation files.

Regards,

Santy.

• 2. Re: From where to download ODI (11.1.1.6.3) ?
            User518789-OC

Thanks Santy,

Now I am trying to download (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/data-integrator/downloads/index.html) for Oracle Data Integrator 11gR1 (11.1.1.7.0)  (All Platforms (including x64): Disk 1, Disk 2).

It is downloading without any error but while trying to open the zipped file the is is showing error like :-- The compressed or Zipped folder is invalid or corrupted.

I am trying to download in Windows xp SP-3 Machine.

I am not sure why it is not downloading porperly.Could you please help

I have few doubts

1> From where I can download RCC (Repository Consistancy Check) which is needed at the time of upgrading from 10g to 11g .

2> if Weblogic is installed in some other server where ODI is not installed. Then how we can refer the middleware path while installing ODI 11g.

Is it mandatory to install both ODI 11g and weblogic server in same server ?

If its mandatory then how we can assure the high availability (using Java EE agent in weblogic) if the server itself is down.

Thanks

• 3. Re: From where to download ODI (11.1.1.6.3) ?
              $anty
              The compressed or Zipped folder is invalid or corrupted.

The files have not downloaded completely/properly. Just download the zip file again which is showing error while opening/extracting.

From where I can download RCC (Repository Consistancy Check) which is needed at the time of upgrading from 10g to 11g .

You should get that from Oracle support site if you have support account. Just search there as "ODI Repository Consistency Check"

Is it mandatory to install both ODI 11g and weblogic server in same server ?

Yes, If you want to have ODI J2EE agent on a system, it must have Weblogic server.

I think for high availability, you should install just J2EE agent components with Weblogic on same system.

Regards,

Santy.

• 4. Re: From where to download ODI (11.1.1.6.3) ?
                User518789-OC

Thank you very much Santy,

In ODI (11.1.1.7) certification Matrix it is showing that it is supported in Unix Solaris .

But in the document (Doc ID 1214428.1)  it is mentioned that -- ODI 11g Studio is not certified on Unix and Solaris.

Is that means from ODI 11g we will not be able to open ODI Studio from Unix and do our development work.?

But in pther Oracle document it is mentioned to open Studio we have to run "odi.sh" script.

In document (Doc ID 1605124.1) it is mentioned like - The list below reflects the known issues for that release on that date

--- I am confused now which version needs to be install between  ODI 11.1.1.6.5  , ODI 11.1.1.7.0 , or ODI 12c ??

We are having both Unix box and Windows box.So how I will know which the the supported version.

Is it posible to use only Unix box going forward then how we will do development work.

-- I mean how we will open ODI Studio GUI from Unix machine ??

• 5. Re: From where to download ODI (11.1.1.6.3) ?
                  $anty

You can have just install ODI Studio(its like client component) on Windows machine and other ODI components such as agent or sdk can stay on unix.

ODI 11g Studio is not certified on Unix and Solaris.

Above statement means, only ODI Studio is not certified/supported on Unix/Solaris.

You can proceed with having Unix box where you can have ODI standalone agent/J2EE agent and can have ODI Studio on Windows boxes like Windows 7 i.e. on different machines.

You should be able to connect to repositories configured.

Regards,
                  Santy.

• 6. Re: From where to download ODI (11.1.1.6.3) ?
                    User518789-OC

Thanks Santy,

So is it better to use ODI 11.1.1.6.5  version instead of ODI 11.1.1.7.0.

As ODI 11.1.1.7.0 is having many bugs mentioned in Doc ID 1605124.1 and ODI Studio is supported in Unix.

And if I am  using only Unix box then I will not be able to do development work in ODI 11.1.1.7.0. ??

Please let me know if ODI Studio is supported in ODI 11.1.1.6.5 . and provide me such link or Oracle document if possible.

Could you please provide any document how to install only ODI Studio , sdk saparately .As per my knoledge everything will be installed by clicling the ODI 11g setup.

I know how to configure agent.

• 7. Re: From where to download ODI (11.1.1.6.3) ?
                      $anty

None of the versions from ODI 11g support Unix/Solaris for ODI Studio.  So you must use some other OS for installing ODI Studio.

Check "ODI Client certification" tab in below:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/data-integrator/odi-11gr1certmatrix-163773.xls

To separately install ODI Studio or SDK, just run ODI installer & select only those specific options, thats it.

Regards,

Santy.

• 8. Re: From where to download ODI (11.1.1.6.3) ?
                        Sh!va

If you so peculiar about Unix deploy odi Web services on Unix..... It will help you that user can access odi by simple link to do there activities. Rest odi studio you can deploy on windows to built ur project...

Cheers!

Sh!va

• 9. Re: From where to download ODI (11.1.1.6.3) ?
                          User518789-OC

Thanks Santy & Sh!va,

1> Now I am trying to install ODI 11.1.1.7.0 in my windows7x86 (32bit) .

2> I put DISK1 in Ddrive and Disk2 inside Disk2 after unzippping both.

3>I have installed Weblogic it has been installed without any error and created Middleware path inside D:\ORACLE\Middleware
                          4>  When I have pointing to D:\Oracle\Middleware\jdk160_29 then ODI Installation wizard ic coming but it is failing in 1 step giving error like -- Insufficient permission in C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory.

a> Please let me know if any way is there to change the default location from C to D drive to install ODI as we have access in D drive ??

b >Please let me know if jdk160_29 is ok for ODI 11.1.1.7.0 ??

Thanks,

• 10. Re: From where to download ODI (11.1.1.6.3) ?
                            User518789-OC

Hi Everyone,

Can anybody please help me on the above mentioned doubts.

Thanks in Advance

• 11. Re: From where to download ODI (11.1.1.6.3) ?
                              $anty

Insufficient permission in C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory

The user you are using to install ODI should have write access/permissions to the Inventory directory.

a> Please let me know if any way is there to change the default location from C to D drive to install ODI as we have access in D drive ??

I think, wherever you install, your inventory will be in C drive only. You should not change that.

b >Please let me know if jdk160_29 is ok for ODI 11.1.1.7.0 ??

No, JDK should be 1.6.0_35+

Regards,

Santy.

• 12. Re: From where to download ODI (11.1.1.6.3) ?
                                User518789-OC

Hi Santy,

Thanks for the valuable responses.

In

As you mentioned earlier for older version then we have to raise request to Oracle as those are not availabe in Oracle Download Page.

Thanks,