3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2013 8:56 AM by Abhi83

Create ASL and/or SR for the same item number with multiple different units of measure

Mariusz Kawecki

Hi All,

I would like to know if it is possible, and if yes how, to set up ASL and/or sourcing rule for one item with two or more units of measure from the same supplier.

Example:

One item has the same item number but it can be purchased in TON's and in LB's. We buy this item as follow: 90% in TONS and 10% in LB.

Can I somehow set up ASL and/or SR to do the split for me?

All the help is appreciated.

Mariusz K.

• 1. Re: Create ASL and/or SR for the same item number with multiple different units of measure
          Abhi83

If I am wrong, I stand to be corrected.

But the scenario is little unclear to me. Can you please answer the following question

a) In case an ASL is being used do you have an agreement created in Primary unit of measure for this item?

My best guess is that the system will convert all the requisitions into first the primary unit of measure.

In case an agreement exists for both the suppliers in the Primary unit of measure and a Sourcing rule defines the split, the calculation of 90% and 10% will be done based on Primary unit of measure only. Even if requisition is created in Secondary unit, its converted to Primary UOM for calculation.

The logic behind this is the system would need uniform UOM for release calculations of 90% and 10%. I will test this once and update again.

• 2. Re: Create ASL and/or SR for the same item number with multiple different units of measure
            Mariusz Kawecki

Thank you for response Abhi83. Yes, there is a blanket agreement created with same item number on two lines - both with different UOM and the price, ex: line one is in EA (17.00) and line two is in CPC (25.00).Oracle can distinguish between the same item number but from different supplier. In this case I have no problem setting up ASL/SR. But when the item comes from the same supplier, Oracle is being difficult. When I try to add ASL for the second UOM, I get this error "APP-FND-01206: This record already exists. You entered a duplicate value or sequence of values that must be unique for every record." and when I enter Sourcing Rule for the same item, this is the error: "Duplicate Supplier/Supplier Site is being defined for item/Commodity". I am not aware of any conversions. Hope this helps. Thank you

• 3. Re: Create ASL and/or SR for the same item number with multiple different units of measure
              Abhi83

I tested this Marius. You are right, this is a limitation .