3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2013 3:09 PM by Sylvain Duloutre-Oracle

ERROR<38994> - CSN Generation

c307145a-5899-4c90-9ca7-8af62bcca313

Hello,

I have 2 pre-production DSEE 7.0 servers in multi-master replication topology with the error:

ERROR<38994> - CSN Generation - conn=-1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - Internal error  csngen_adjust_time: adjustment limit exceeded; value - 952477, limit - 86400

This was caused by a change in our NTP servers and now I can't find a way to make this error go away.

Checked the replication and its working, there are no changes pending on any server.

Also, tried restarting and reinitializing them via replication agreements but the error persists.

Looking at the archived threads, there is no clear method to get rid of it.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: ERROR<38994> - CSN Generation
          Sylvain Duloutre-Oracle

Hello,

Is the time on your servers synchronized now ? 

The CSN generator uses persistent timestamps as a point of reference for generating new CSNs. I don't know all the details, but the practical consequence is that once they get out of sync, you pretty much have to wipe out all of the CSN related data to make the problem go away. That means replication configuration, changelogs, and maybe even replication metadata embedded in the database.

-Sylvain

• 2. Re: ERROR<38994> - CSN Generation
            c307145a-5899-4c90-9ca7-8af62bcca313

SylvainDuloutre escribió:

Hello,

Is the time on your servers synchronized now ?

The CSN generator uses persistent timestamps as a point of reference for generating new CSNs. I don't know all the details, but the practical consequence is that once they get out of sync, you pretty much have to wipe out all of the CSN related data to make the problem go away. That means replication configuration, changelogs, and maybe even replication metadata embedded in the database.

-Sylvain

Yes, the servers time are synchronized now.

So, to get rid of all the CSN related data I need to delete replication agreements and re initialize each server from a clean LDIF?

• 3. Re: ERROR<38994> - CSN Generation
              Sylvain Duloutre-Oracle

Hello,

You don't need to delete the replication agreements as they do not contain any persistent replication state but you need to reinit with "clean" data. I mean with data that do not contain any replication metadata.

There is an option to export data to LDIF w/o replication metadata

-Sylvain