3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2013 7:26 PM by TexasApexDeveloper

start new Session.

StelBart

Hi

I have problem with sessions .I found some tips in oracle docs, but still can't make what I want.

I try to make button, which can restart my session. I don't wanna to clear cache etc. I want new APP_SESSION without logout.

For example: this is my page addres, and my APP_SESSION is bolded. I want change this number every time, when i clicked my button.

http://127.0.0.1:8080/apex/f?p=4500:1003:3412227710388132::NO:::

My idea:

f?p=104:1:&APP_SESSION.::NO:SESSION

I tried do this using URL target into "branches", albo into "buttons"- didn't work

• 1. Re: start new Session.
          TexasApexDeveloper

Can you explain WHY exactly you need to start a new session when you click that button on a page?  What is the business requirement to do such a thing?

Why I am asking is, you are dumping whatever you had going in one session and wanting to start a totally new one..

Thank you,

Tony Miller

< Signature link and affiliation removed by moderator >

Message was edited by: rukbat Tony, Please refrain from including company affiliation and blog links in your posts. The site's FAQ was updated to that effect at the time of the June 2013 software upgrade. An ideal location for such information is in your forum user profile page (perhaps the biography section of that profile.)

• 2. Re: start new Session.
            StelBart

Explain will be difficult with my english

I made application without authentication, but for some reason I need some kind of UserID. Someone gives me advice to use App_session  /I thought it will be uniqe every time I'll run my application. /.

It should works like "restart" button in PC- clicked, and application starts from the beggining.

• 3. Re: start new Session.
              TexasApexDeveloper

Then you need to look at your application design as apposed to trying to patch around this issue..

Can you post a copy of your application on Oracle's hosted site so we can see what you are doing and maybe can help that way?

Thank you,

Tony Miller