6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2014 10:09 PM by user10761645 RSS

Timeout PJC In Oracle Forms 10G

user10761645

Hi Team,

I have implemented Timeout PJC bean in my oracle Forms 10G application.

I have created the bean in my toolbar canvases so that it expires once it exceeds the idle time of 30 minutes. Its working perfectly for normal cases.

Its not working as per my requirement for the below 2 cases. Please guide me on this.

Case 1 :

Time out idle time is set for 30 mins.

a) Invoked my form and trigger a process which takes 40 minutes.

As soon as the process completes , System exits because it exceeds the 30 minutes as per timeout logic.

In this case , I don't want to expire my session. I want to reset bean timer once my process is completed. System has to wait 30 more minutes after completing the process.

Case 2 :

System throws alert messages. Once the  user actions the alert , system has to wait 30 more minutes . But Forms does not reset the timer while auctioning the alert .

Please suggest on this.

• 1. Re: Timeout PJC In Oracle Forms 10G
          Michael Ferrante-Oracle

The Timeout bean is provided as a demo.  There are clearly a variety of limiations with it.  In order to overcome such limitations, you would need to update the code to handle your situation.  Generally, demos are provided both to show what the product is capable of doing, as well as offering sample code that can be used a starting point in your own code.  In most cases, demos are not intended to be used as they are provided, in a production application.  Again, they are just examples.

I would recommend you refer to the documentation incuded with this demo as it offers some suggestions to handle at least "Case 1" that you mentioned.

We are hoping that in a future release, such idle time handling may be built natively into the Forms product.  Such a solution is currently under investigation.

• 2. Re: Timeout PJC In Oracle Forms 10G
            user10761645

Hi Michael , Thanks for your valuable comments.

If possible could you please share the documentation link to identify the Idle session.

I have downloaded the 10G Timeout.Jar files. But I couldn't find the Timeout.Java to edit the code based on my requirement.

Could you please share the details which would be very helpful for my project.

• 3. Re: Timeout PJC In Oracle Forms 10G
              Michael Ferrante-Oracle

The demo, which includes the documentation and source code can be downloaded from here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/downloads/index.html

Also, be aware that Forms 10.1.2 and older are no longer entitled to Error Correction support.  It is recommended that you consider upgrading to a currently supported version, assuming you are using the product for professional/business purposes.  The latest supported version is 11.1.2.1.  Information can be found on OTN:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/forms/overview/index.html

• 4. Re: Timeout PJC In Oracle Forms 10G
                user10761645

Hi Michael,

Unable to find the source code of Oracle 11G Timeout.Java.

Could you please share the latest Timeout.java file (Oracle 11G) to the below mail ID.

Email Id: < redacted by moderator >

Thanks in Advance

• 6. Re: Timeout PJC In Oracle Forms 10G
                  user10761645

I have placed the latest 11G timeout JAR file . I am getting the below error.Please guide me to fix the below error.

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.forms.demos.TimeoutPJC

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.handler.UICommon.instantiate(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.handler.UICommon.onCreate(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.handler.JavaContainer.onCreate(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onCreateHandler(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processMessage(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processSet(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onMessageReal(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.onMessage(Unknown Source)

at oracle.forms.engine.Runform.processEventEnd(Unknown Source)

at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWComponent.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at oracle.ewt.lwAWT.LWComponent.processEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: open HTTP connection failed:http://dxbegap58dv:7001/forms/java/oracle/forms/demos/TimeoutPJC.class

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.getBytes(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

... 35 more