3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2013 3:08 PM by Sylvain Duloutre-Oracle RSS

changes to an entry

stan25

Hello there,

I want to view/search what are the changes made to an entry in the past by doing a ldapsearch. Does an entry has old change data? I know i can check in audit logs, but i want to view the history of the changes by doing ldapsearch against the UID.

I am running DS11.1.1.5.1

Thanks

• 1. Re: changes to an entry
          f4a39eb8-900e-41b4-a323-8c130cd5ccce

Well - either you can scan the Audit logs, or also you can search against the "changelog" if it is enabled.

• 2. Re: changes to an entry
            stan25

I know audit log will have it, but instead of checking old audit logs i want to search that entry whether it has history of changes to it's value. I don't have changelog enabled. May be if i do ldapsearch for nscpentrywsi attribute... not sure what this attribute meant and have.

thanks

• 3. Re: changes to an entry
              Sylvain Duloutre-Oracle

Hi,

nscpentrywsi would contains historical data, however content may not be always available forever (replication metadata purge delay).

nscpentrywsi format is not publicly documented; it basically contain the list of changes on each attr of the entry.

Each value consist in the modified attribute followed by a CSN + details about the operation.

e.g.

dn: cn=Mr00006,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com

changetype: modify

add: description

description: aaa aaa

description: bbb

search cn=Mr00006,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com

description: aaa aaa

nscpentrywsi: description;<csn>: aaa aaa

-Sylvain