6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2013 8:03 AM by 1001037

FDM on client32 Orcale database

Installed 11.1.2.3 on windows server 2008 r2. HFM uses client 64 and FDM uses client 32. I am unable to connect to the database using client 32. I have checked the tsnames.ora files. I am using an Oracle database.

• 1. Re: FDM on client32 Orcale database
          JeffJon

The 32 bit Client for 11.1.2.3 can be found under
          Oracle\Middleware\DBClient32\Network\Admin\Tnsnames.ora

This is the file that would need to have the proper connect descriptor for the Database in order for FDM to function.

• 2. Re: FDM on client32 Orcale database

Jeff Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it. I have done this several times and I was unable to connect to the database. After your reply I realised my mistake. I had 3 tsnames.ora files. One for 32 the other for 64 and another for dbclient. After deleting the tsnames.ora file for 64 client and just having a file for 32 client (after your reply) it seems to connect.

However it comes up with another message Database/schema "system" already exists. What should I do?

• 3. Re: FDM on client32 Orcale database
              JeffJon

You should be using a different schema name than "System" for you FDM application schema.  This message means that the schema already exists in Oracle.  I would create a new blank schema and then use that.    

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: FDM on client32 Orcale database

Thanks Jeff. I am struggling to create another instance/Database in Oracle for FDM. How do I create a different schema in Oracle? SQLPLUS keeps coming up with ORA 12560 TNS:Protocol adapter error.

• 5. Re: FDM on client32 Orcale database
                  JeffJon

I would ask the DBA to create a new user schema.  You can do it within the Oracle Administrator Console via the web, or you could also do it with SQL Developer if you download SQL Developer and put it in place on the server.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: FDM on client32 Orcale database

Thanks Jeff. I setup another user in the database, Granted DBA profile and was able to connect. Thanks for your help. There are number of documents on how to set up new user and use GRANT statements. I don't have any Oracle DB experience but was able to do this. Once again thanks for pointing me in the right direction.