4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 24, 2013 7:33 AM by JaniceM RSS

Direct Upload a Text File

df66a82e-9199-498f-9bb5-9ae71a2df342 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi guys!

I have just installed EID 3.1 and I am quite newbee to Endeca...let me briefly explain my trouble..I can easily upload an excel file and I need to upload a text file into EID 3.1 without any integrator or a component.We have done ETL process on Informatica and do not need to Endeca Integration Tool.

Thanks for collaboration...

• 1. Re: Direct Upload a Text File
    JaniceM Journeyer

For Studio 3.1, the only types of files you can upload directly are Excel spreadsheets and JSON files.

You would have to convert your text file to one of those formats before you could upload it into Studio.

• 2. Re: Direct Upload a Text File
    df66a82e-9199-498f-9bb5-9ae71a2df342 Newbie

"

For Studio 3.1, the only types of files you can upload directly are Excel spreadsheets and JSON files.

You would have to convert your text file to one of those formats before you could upload it into Studio."

It is not usefull if your right...Is it possible to upload a text file without any ETL tool into Endeca for previous EID versions?

• 3. Re: Direct Upload a Text File
    1007080 Newbie

I'm afraid JaniceM is correct, the documentation and the product is quite specific.  Only Excel and JSON formats are supported for direct upload.

For version 3.0 only Excel was supported, and before that there was no direct upload facility.

Usually, though, a text file can be imported into Excel with little effort, so that you could then save it as an Excel file - what is the structure of the text file?

• 4. Re: Direct Upload a Text File
    JaniceM Journeyer

Not that I know of.

Originally, all datahad to be ingested into Endeca Server using either Endeca Server's Data Ingest Web service or ETL/Integrator.

For 3.0, we added the ability to upload spreadsheets, and then in 3.1 the ability to upload JSON files and to connect to BI Server and JDBC data.

While there is no direct upload of a text file into Studio, if you didn't want to use Integrator, you might still be able to use the Endeca Server tools. Here is a link to the Endeca Server documentation:

Oracle Endeca Server Documentation

I would guess the Data Loading Guide or Data Ingest Web Service information would be the most useful.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points