4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2013 5:49 PM by self_perfection

Apex+Tomcat.Blank screen on login page.

self_perfection

Hi, all. I have a working APEX 4.1 application  with OC4J. Recently, I have needed to deploy this application with the help of apex+tomcat linkage.

I downloaded Apache Tomcat 7.0.47 for Windows and Apex Listener 2.0.5. I installed Tomcat and copied apex.war to "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0". Then I took following steps:

1) java -jar apex.war configdir webapps

2) java -jar apex.war setup (typed in password, login and service_name of existing database)

3) copied images to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps\apex\images  directory

3) java -jar apex.war standalone --apex-images .\apex\images (with 8085 port).

Maybe my actions were foolish, so I need help to resolve this problem.

• 1. Re: Apex+Tomcat.Blank screen on login page.
          jariola

Hi,

You should copy apex.war to Tomcat C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps\ folder.

Then rename APEX install files image folder to i and copy it to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps\

I'm not quite get why you did run last command java -jar apex.war standalone - ....

As I understand it start APEX Listener in standalone mode.

In that step you should start Tomcat I guess.

Regard,

Jari

• 2. Re: Apex+Tomcat.Blank screen on login page.
            self_perfection

I agree with you. I misunderstood meaning of "standalone" option. So, now actions order is:

1) install TomCat

2) copy apex.war to %CATALINA_BASE%\webapps\ directory (in my case it's "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps")

3) execute: java -jar apex.war configdir "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps"

4) execute: java -jar apex.war setup  (specify host, port, service_name , APEX_PUBLIC_USER and his password)

5) copy contents of APEX image directory to "C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps\apex\i"

Afterwards, I started Tomcat. New application "/apex"  appeared in "Manager App" section. This application was deployed and had "Running" status. But login page was still empty (code source of the page included all needed elements , but they weren't displayed).

• 3. Re: Apex+Tomcat.Blank screen on login page.
              jariola

Hi,

You should have folder i under webapps

So copy apex images to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps\i\

Test it by pointing browser to below url

http://host:port/i/apex_version.txt

Replace host and port accordingly

Regards,

Jari

• 4. Re: Apex+Tomcat.Blank screen on login page.
                self_perfection

You should have folder i under webapps

So copy apex images to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0\webapps\i\

Thanks, jariola. I have been investigated this by myself already. But your advice is correct, so thank you for it.