9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 25, 2014 5:57 PM by 1889138 RSS

version 4 bug with 'reset password'

Vin Steele

I am using SQL Developer 4. When I right-click a closed connection, the "Reset Password" option is greyed out. Once I open the connection, the "Reset Password" option is available. This is a problem when my password for that connection has already expired, so I cannot open the connection to reset it. I end up asking the DBAs to reset it, rather than doing it myself. This was not the case with SQL Developer 3.2.

• 1. Re: version 4 bug with 'reset password'
          John McGinnis-Oracle

In order to use the Reset Password option on a disconnected connection, you must configure the Oracle Client settings in the Preferences (Under the Database->Advanced page).

In previous releases, SQL Developer attempted to automatically detect the client. In 4.0, we require the client to be explicitly specified. Once that is done, the Reset Password option should be enabled.

- John

SQL Developer Team

• 2. Re: version 4 bug with 'reset password'
            Vin Steele

Thank you for your quick reply. I have followed your instructions and restarted SQL Developer, but I am still seeing the "reset password" option as grayed out. 

Perhaps I am not specifying the correct directory. I am using the Oracle Instant Client, which I installed in a directory C:/Program Files/Oracle. The program created a subdirectory: "Inventory". within "Inventory" there are "ContentsXML", "logs", and "oui". I created "Network/admin" within inventory for my TNSNAMES.ORA file. I have specified each of these directories in turn, for example "Instant Client: file:/C:/Program Files/Oracle/" in the Database-> Advanced window, and checked the "Use Oracle Client" box. The system has requested that I restart SQL Developer, which I have done, but I am still seeing the option as "grayed out"

Any further help in resolving this issue would be appreciated.

• 3. Re: version 4 bug with 'reset password'
              user1701808

Same problem here...

Added the instant client to the advanced setting but still not able to reset the password, which has been expired. Because of expired i am not able to log in to change it, so in the moment it is not possible for me to log in....

Any other ideas what to do?

Thanks in advance

• 4. Re: version 4 bug with 'reset password'
                Jeff Smith Sqldev Pm-Oracle

Where did you install your Instant Client, and what path did you specify in the preferences?

Also, confirm that the directory, as entered, is also in your OS Path...assuming you're on Windows.

For example, I have:

C:\Program Files\Oracle\11203_x64_InstantClient\

Note I'm running with the 64 bit JDK - so if you're on 32 bit, make sure you have a 32 bit JDK.

That directory is also listed in my OS Path, so the libraries are able to be loaded when SQL Developer attempts a connection. Note: we can only parse and read the FIRST entry on the path, so you may get a warning message after selecting your directory.

• 5. Re: version 4 bug with 'reset password'
                  user1701808

Hi Jeff,

thanks for your answer.

With your help i have successfully enabled the password reset button. I missed the part with the OS Path, so here in detail the steps:

1. Downloaded and extracted the instant client matching to the oracle server version

2. In SQLDeveloper Preferences --> Database --> Extended (not sure if this is correct, i have the german translation)

User Oracle Client: Checked

Path: Instant Client: file:/H:/Portable/instantclient_11_2/

3. In windows system configure the environment variables, add the instant client directory to the path variable, in my case:H:\Portable\instantclient_11_2;

4. I have had another problem with the language settings, so i added a variable NLS_LANG=GERMAN_GERMANY.AL32UTF8

Merry christmas from Germany

Michael

• 6. Re: version 4 bug with 'reset password'
                    Vin Steele

I have followed your instructions, making sure the instant client was in my PATH variable (at the beginning), setting the preference in my Database-> Advanced preferences, but the "Reset Password" option is still greyed out until I have opened the connection.

I am using Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production.

I am using the 64bit JDK.

My SQL Developer properties:

awt.toolkitsun.awt.windows.WToolkit
                    copyright.year.end2013
                    copyright.year.start2005
                    eclipse.home.locationfile:/C:/Program Files (x86)/sqldeveloper4/sqldeveloper/
                    eclipse.parsers.setTCCLfalse
                    excluded.modulesorg.eclipse.osgi
                    felix.log.level4
                    file.encodingCp1252
                    file.encoding.pkgsun.io
                    file.separator\
                    gosh.args--nointeractive
                    ice.browser.forcegcfalse
                    ice.pilots.html4.ignoreNonGenericFontstrue
                    ice.pilots.html4.tileOptThreshold0
                    ide.AssertTracingDisabledtrue
                    ide.boot.class.pathC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\ide\macros/../../ide/lib/javax-ide.jar,file:../../ide/lib/javatools.jar,file:../../modules/oracle.javatools_12.1.3/javatools-nodeps.jar,file:../../modules/oracle.javatools_12.1.3/javatools-jndi-local.jar,file:../../ide/extensions/oracle.ide.jar,file:../../ide/lib/idert.jar,file:../../modules/oracle.javatools_12.1.3/oicons.jar,file:../../ide/lib/uic.jar,file:../../ide/lib/audit-boot.jar,file:../../ide/lib/indexing-migrator-boot.jar,file:../../jlib/jewt4.jar,file:../../modules/oracle.bali.share_12.1.3/share.jar,file:../../jlib/help4.jar,file:../../jlib/inspect4.jar,file:../../modules/oracle.xdk_12.1.2/xmlparserv2.jar
                    ide.bootstrap.start1562050175133
                    ide.buildMAIN-13.80
                    ide.bundle.search.pathC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\dropins
                    ide.cfu.class.pathC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\ide\macros/../../modules/oracle.bali.share_12.1.3/share.jar,file:../../jlib/jewt4.jar,file:../../modules/oracle.xdk_12.1.2/xmlparserv2.jar,file:../../ide/lib/javatools.jar,file:../../modules/oracle.javatools_12.1.3/javatools-nodeps.jar,file:../../ide/lib/idert.jar,file:../../ide/extensions/oracle.ide.jar,file:../../ide/extensions/oracle.ide.webupdate.jar
                    ide.cluster.dirs/Program Files (x86)/sqldeveloper4/sqldeveloper/netbeans/fcpbridge/:/Program Files (x86)/sqldeveloper4/sqldeveloper/netbeans/ide/:/Program Files (x86)/sqldeveloper4/sqldeveloper/netbeans/../
                    ide.confC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\sqldeveloper\bin\sqldeveloper.conf
                    ide.config_pathnameC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\sqldeveloper\bin\sqldeveloper.conf
                    ide.debugbuildfalse
                    ide.devbuildfalse
                    ide.diagnostics.dirC:\Users\vins\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer\system4.0.0.13.80\.diagnostics\
                    ide.extension.search.pathsqldeveloper/extensions:jdev/extensions:ide/extensions
                    ide.feedback-serveride.us.oracle.com
                    ide.firstruntrue
                    ide.java.maxversion1.8
                    ide.java.minversion1.7
                    ide.launcherProcessId6648
                    ide.mw.relative.home.
                    ide.pref.dirC:\Users\vins\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer
                    ide.pref.dir.baseC:\Users\vins\AppData\Roaming
                    ide.productoracle.sqldeveloper
                    ide.RectangularSplashScreentrue
                    ide.shell.enableFileTypeAssociationC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\sqldeveloper\bin\sqldeveloper64W.exe
                    ide.splash.screensplash.gif
                    ide.startingArg0C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\sqldeveloper\bin\sqldeveloper64W.exe
                    ide.startingcwdC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\sqldeveloper\bin
                    ide.system.dirC:\Users\vins\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer\system4.0.0.13.80\
                    ide.update.usage.servershttp://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/sqldeveloper/usage.xml
                    ide.user.dirC:\Users\vins\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer
                    ide.user.dir.varIDE_USER_DIR
                    ide.work.dirC:\Users\vins\Documents\SQL Developer
                    ide.work.dir.baseC:\Users\vins\Documents
                    InstanceDataObject.current.file
                    java.awt.graphicsenvsun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
                    java.awt.printerjobsun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
                    java.class.pathC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\ide\lib\ide-boot.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\lib\boot.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\lib\org-openide-util.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\lib\org-openide-util-lookup.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\lib\org-openide-modules.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\ide\lib\fcpboot.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\ide\lib\xml-factory.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\ide\lib\woodstox-core-asl-4.2.0.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\ide\lib\stax2-api-3.1.1.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\sqldeveloper\lib\oracle.sqldeveloper.homesupport.jar
                    java.class.version51.0
                    java.endorsed.dirsC:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40\jre\lib\endorsed
                    java.ext.dirsC:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40\jre\lib\ext;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\lib\ext
                    java.homeC:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40\jre
                    java.io.tmpdirC:\Users\vins\AppData\Local\Temp\
                    java.library.pathC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\sqldeveloper\bin;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\VIP Access Client\;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\;C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\syswow64;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files\CREDANT\Shield v7.3\;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;.
                    java.memory.heap.init2147483648
                    java.memory.heap.max3817865216
                    java.memory.heap.used91393248
                    java.memory.nonheap.init24576000
                    java.memory.nonheap.max318767104
                    java.memory.nonheap.used91417152
                    java.naming.factory.initialoracle.javatools.jndi.LocalInitialContextFactory
                    java.runtime.nameJava(TM) SE Runtime Environment
                    java.runtime.version1.7.0_40-b43
                    java.specification.nameJava Platform API Specification
                    java.specification.vendorOracle Corporation
                    java.specification.version1.7
                    java.util.logging.config.filelogging.conf
                    java.vendorOracle Corporation
                    java.vendor.urlhttp://java.oracle.com/
                    java.vendor.url.bughttp://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/
                    java.version1.7.0_40
                    java.vm.infomixed mode
                    java.vm.nameJava HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM
                    java.vm.specification.nameJava Virtual Machine Specification
                    java.vm.specification.vendorOracle Corporation
                    java.vm.specification.version1.7
                    java.vm.vendorOracle Corporation
                    java.vm.version24.0-b56
                    javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactoryoracle.xml.jaxp.JXDocumentBuilderFactory
                    javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactoryoracle.xml.jaxp.JXSAXParserFactory
                    javax.xml.stream.util.XMLEventAllocatororacle.ideimpl.xml.stream.XMLEventAllocatorImpl
                    javax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactorycom.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory
                    javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryoracle.ide.xml.switchable.SwitchableTransformerFactory
                    jdbc.libraryC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\jdbc\lib\ojdbc6.jar
                    jdeveloper.system_http_proxyDIRECT
                    jdk.homeC:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40\jre\..
                    line.separator\r\n
                    nb.native.filechooserfalse
                    netbeans.buildnumber201310301439
                    netbeans.dirsC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\fcpbridge;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\ide;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\dropins
                    netbeans.dynamic.classpathC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\core.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\org-openide-filesystems.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\core_de.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\core_es.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\core_fr.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\core_it.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\core_ja.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\core_ko.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\core_pt_BR.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\core_zh_CN.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\core_zh_TW.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\org-openide-filesystems_de.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\org-openide-filesystems_es.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\org-openide-filesystems_fr.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\org-openide-filesystems_it.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\org-openide-filesystems_ja.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\org-openide-filesystems_ko.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\org-openide-filesystems_pt_BR.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\org-openide-filesystems_zh_CN.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform\core\locale\org-openide-filesystems_zh_TW.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\fcpbridge\core\org-netbeans-core-dynamicconfig.jar;C:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\fcpbridge\core\locale\core_jdev.jar
                    netbeans.homeC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\netbeans\platform
                    netbeans.logger.consoletrue
                    netbeans.userC:\Users\vins\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer\system4.0.0.13.80\system_cache
                    oracle.fcp.homeC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper
                    oracle.homeC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper
                    oracle.ide.classload.layerosgi
                    oracle.ide.extension.HooksProcessingModeLAZY
                    oracle.ide.launcher.startup.time1387824303537
                    oracle.ide.osgi.boot.api.OJStartupHookoracle.dbtools.raptor.startup.HomeSupport
                    oracle.ide.reportEDTViolationsbug
                    oracle.ide.reportEDTViolations.exceptionsfile/Program Files (x86)/sqldeveloper4/sqldeveloper/ide/bin/swing-thread-violations.conf
                    oracle.ide.startup.featuressqldeveloper
                    oracle.ide.util.AddinPolicyUtils.OVERRIDE_FLAGtrue
                    oracle.jdbc.autoCommitSpecCompliantfalse
                    oracle.jdbc.mapDateToTimestampfalse
                    oracle.jdbc.Tracetrue
                    oracle.jdbc.useFetchSizeWithLongColumntrue
                    oracle.jrf.homeC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper
                    oracle.product.homeC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper
                    oracle.translated.localesde,es,fr,it,ja,ko,pt_BR,zh_CN,zh_TW
                    oracle.xdkjava.compatibility.version9.0.4
                    ORACLE_HOMEC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4
                    orai18n.library.dirC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\jlib
                    org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator.configUrlfile:bundles.info
                    org.openide.major.versionIDE/1
                    org.openide.specification.version6.2
                    org.openide.versiondeprecated
                    org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation*
                    org.osgi.framework.executionenvironmentOSGi/Minimum-1.0,OSGi/Minimum-1.1,OSGi/Minimum-1.2,JRE-1.1,J2SE-1.2,J2SE-1.3,J2SE-1.4,J2SE-1.5,JavaSE-1.6,JavaSE-1.7
                    org.osgi.framework.languageen
                    org.osgi.framework.os.nameWindows7
                    org.osgi.framework.os.version6.1.0
                    org.osgi.framework.processorx86-64
                    org.osgi.framework.storagefile:/C:/Users/vins/AppData/Roaming/SQL Developer/system4.0.0.13.80/system_cache/var/cache/netigso
                    org.osgi.framework.system.capabilitiesosgi.ee; osgi.ee="OSGi/Minimum"; version:List="1.0, 1.1, 1.2",osgi.ee; osgi.ee="JRE"; version:List="1.0, 1.1",osgi.ee; osgi.ee="JavaSE"; version:List="1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7"
                    org.osgi.framework.system.packagesjavax.accessibility,javax.activation,javax.activity,javax.annotation,javax.annotation.processing,javax.crypto,javax.crypto.interfaces,javax.crypto.spec,javax.imageio,javax.imageio.event,javax.imageio.metadata,javax.imageio.plugins.bmp,javax.imageio.plugins.jpeg,javax.imageio.spi,javax.imageio.stream,javax.jws,javax.jws.soap,javax.lang.model,javax.lang.model.element,javax.lang.model.type,javax.lang.model.util,javax.management,javax.management.event,javax.management.loading,javax.management.modelmbean,javax.management.monitor,javax.management.namespace,javax.management.openmbean,javax.management.relation,javax.management.remote,javax.management.remote.rmi,javax.management.timer,javax.naming,javax.naming.directory,javax.naming.event,javax.naming.ldap,javax.naming.spi,javax.net,javax.net.ssl,javax.print,javax.print.attribute,javax.print.attribute.standard,javax.print.event,javax.rmi,javax.rmi.CORBA,javax.rmi.ssl,javax.script,javax.security.auth,javax.security.auth.callback,javax.security.auth.kerberos,javax.security.auth.login,javax.security.auth.spi,javax.security.auth.x500,javax.security.cert,javax.security.sasl,javax.sound.midi,javax.sound.midi.spi,javax.sound.sampled,javax.sound.sampled.spi,javax.sql,javax.sql.rowset,javax.sql.rowset.serial,javax.sql.rowset.spi,javax.swing,javax.swing.border,javax.swing.colorchooser,javax.swing.event,javax.swing.filechooser,javax.swing.plaf,javax.swing.plaf.basic,javax.swing.plaf.metal,javax.swing.plaf.multi,javax.swing.plaf.nimbus,javax.swing.plaf.synth,javax.swing.table,javax.swing.text,javax.swing.text.html,javax.swing.text.html.parser,javax.swing.text.rtf,javax.swing.tree,javax.swing.undo,javax.tools,javax.transaction,javax.transaction.xa,javax.xml,javax.xml.bind,javax.xml.bind.annotation,javax.xml.bind.annotation.adapters,javax.xml.bind.attachment,javax.xml.bind.helpers,javax.xml.bind.util,javax.xml.crypto,javax.xml.crypto.dom,javax.xml.crypto.dsig,javax.xml.crypto.dsig.dom,javax.xml.crypto.dsig.keyinfo,javax.xml.crypto.dsig.spec,javax.xml.datatype,javax.xml.namespace,javax.xml.parsers,javax.xml.soap,javax.xml.stream,javax.xml.stream.events,javax.xml.stream.util,javax.xml.transform,javax.xml.transform.dom,javax.xml.transform.sax,javax.xml.transform.stax,javax.xml.transform.stream,javax.xml.validation,javax.xml.ws,javax.xml.ws.handler,javax.xml.ws.handler.soap,javax.xml.ws.http,javax.xml.ws.soap,javax.xml.ws.spi,javax.xml.ws.spi.http,javax.xml.ws.wsaddressing,javax.xml.xpath,org.ietf.jgss,org.omg.CORBA,org.omg.CORBA_2_3,org.omg.CORBA_2_3.portable,org.omg.CORBA.DynAnyPackage,org.omg.CORBA.ORBPackage,org.omg.CORBA.portable,org.omg.CORBA.TypeCodePackage,org.omg.CosNaming,org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextExtPackage,org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage,org.omg.Dynamic,org.omg.DynamicAny,org.omg.DynamicAny.DynAnyFactoryPackage,org.omg.DynamicAny.DynAnyPackage,org.omg.IOP,org.omg.IOP.CodecFactoryPackage,org.omg.IOP.CodecPackage,org.omg.Messaging,org.omg.PortableInterceptor,org.omg.PortableInterceptor.ORBInitInfoPackage,org.omg.PortableServer,org.omg.PortableServer.CurrentPackage,org.omg.PortableServer.POAManagerPackage,org.omg.PortableServer.POAPackage,org.omg.PortableServer.portable,org.omg.PortableServer.ServantLocatorPackage,org.omg.SendingContext,org.omg.stub.java.rmi,org.w3c.dom,org.w3c.dom.bootstrap,org.w3c.dom.css,org.w3c.dom.events,org.w3c.dom.html,org.w3c.dom.ls,org.w3c.dom.ranges,org.w3c.dom.stylesheets,org.w3c.dom.traversal,org.w3c.dom.views,org.w3c.dom.xpath,org.xml.sax,org.xml.sax.ext,org.xml.sax.helpers
                    org.osgi.framework.uuidd03d6b56-026c-0013-1ccc-eb8459aeba32
                    org.osgi.framework.vendorEclipse
                    org.osgi.framework.version1.7.0
                    org.osgi.supports.framework.extensiontrue
                    org.osgi.supports.framework.fragmenttrue
                    org.osgi.supports.framework.requirebundletrue
                    org.xml.sax.driveroracle.xml.parser.v2.SAXParser
                    os.archamd64
                    os.nameWindows 7
                    os.version6.1
                    osgi.archx86_64
                    osgi.bundlefile.limit500
                    osgi.bundlesfile:/Program Files (x86)/sqldeveloper4/sqldeveloper/ide/ide/lib/oracle.ide.osgi.jar@3:start
                    osgi.bundles.defaultStartLevel1
                    osgi.bundlestoreC:\Users\vins\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer\system4.0.0.13.80\system_cache\var\cache\netigso\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles
                    osgi.classloader.typeparallel
                    osgi.compatibility.bootdelegationfalse
                    osgi.configuration.areafile:/C:/Users/vins/AppData/Roaming/SQL Developer/system4.0.0.13.80/system_cache/var/cache/netigso/
                    osgi.configuration.cascadedfalse
                    osgi.frameworkfile:/C:/Program Files (x86)/sqldeveloper4/sqldeveloper/netbeans/platform/modules/ext/org.eclipse.osgi_3.8.0.v20120529-1548.jar
                    osgi.framework.activeThreadTypenormal
                    osgi.framework.propertiesC:\Users\vins\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer\system4.0.0.13.80\system_cache
                    osgi.framework.useSystemPropertiestrue
                    osgi.framework.version3.8.0.v20120529-1548
                    osgi.hook.configurators.includeorg.netbeans.modules.netbinox.NetbinoxHooks
                    osgi.install.areafile:/C:/Program Files (x86)/sqldeveloper4/sqldeveloper/
                    osgi.instance.areafile:/C:/Users/vins/AppData/Roaming/SQL Developer/system4.0.0.13.80/system_cache/
                    osgi.instance.area.defaultfile:/C:/Users/vins/AppData/Roaming/SQL Developer/system4.0.0.13.80/system_cache/
                    osgi.lockingnone
                    osgi.logfileC:\Users\vins\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer\system4.0.0.13.80\system_cache\var\cache\netigso\1387824304662.log
                    osgi.manifest.cacheC:\Users\vins\AppData\Roaming\SQL Developer\system4.0.0.13.80\system_cache\var\cache\netigso\org.eclipse.osgi\manifests
                    osgi.nlen_US
                    osgi.noShutdowntrue
                    osgi.oswin32
                    osgi.parentClassloaderapp
                    osgi.support.multipleHoststrue
                    osgi.user.areafile:/C:/Users/vins/AppData/Roaming/SQL Developer/system4.0.0.13.80/system_cache/
                    osgi.user.area.defaultfile:/C:/Users/vins/AppData/Roaming/SQL Developer/system4.0.0.13.80/system_cache/
                    osgi.wswin32
                    path.separator;
                    private.jdev.load.remote.schemasfalse
                    reserved_filenamescon,aux,prn,lpt1,lpt2,lpt3,lpt4,lpt5,lpt6,lpt7,lpt8,lpt9,com1,com2,com3,com4,com5,com6,com7,com8,com9,conin$,conout,conout$
                    sqldev.debugfalse
                    sqldeveloper.oci.availablefalse
                    sun.arch.data.model64
                    sun.awt.datatransfer.timeout1000
                    sun.awt.enableExtraMouseButtonstrue
                    sun.boot.class.path/Program Files (x86)/sqldeveloper4/sqldeveloper/rdbms/jlib/ojdi.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40\jre\lib\resources.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40\jre\lib\rt.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40\jre\lib\sunrsasign.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40\jre\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40\jre\lib\jce.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40\jre\lib\charsets.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40\jre\lib\jfr.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40\jre\classes;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40\lib\tools.jar;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40\lib\dt.jar
                    sun.boot.library.pathC:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_40\jre\bin
                    sun.cpu.endianlittle
                    sun.cpu.isalistamd64
                    sun.desktopwindows
                    sun.io.unicode.encodingUnicodeLittle
                    sun.java.commandoracle.ide.osgi.boot.OracleIdeLauncher
                    sun.java2d.ddoffscreenfalse
                    sun.java2d.noddrawtrue
                    sun.jnu.encodingCp1252
                    sun.management.compilerHotSpot 64-Bit Tiered Compilers
                    sun.os.patch.levelService Pack 1
                    svnkit.sax.useDefaulttrue
                    tool.user.confC:\Users\vins\AppData\Roaming\sqldeveloper\1.0.0.0.0\sqldeveloper.conf
                    user.confC:\Users\vins\AppData\Roaming\sqldeveloper\1.0.0.0.0\product.conf
                    user.countryUS
                    user.dirC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\sqldeveloper\bin
                    user.homeC:\Users\vins
                    user.languageen
                    user.namevins
                    user.script
                    user.timezone
                    user.variant
                    windows.shell.font.languages
                    xdb.libraryC:\Program Files (x86)\sqldeveloper4\sqldeveloper\rdbms\jlib\xdb6.jar
                    • 7. Re: version 4 bug with 'reset password'
                      ecf73416-d92a-42c8-8722-196a6550d8f6

I have the same problem and I have the use OCI/Thick driver checked.  I've done the pathing and everything I believe to be correct.  Running the client test also yields a success.

Testing the Oracle Home located at C:\Oracle\product\11.2.0\client_64bit

Testing client directory ... OK

Testing loading Oracle JDBC driver ... OK

Testing checking Oracle JDBC driver version ... OK

Driver version: 11.2.0.3.0

Testing testing native OCI library load ... OK

Success!

When I go into the About Oracle SQL Developer About > Properties I see that sqldeveloper.oci.available is false though.  I'm not sure why it's still displaying false when it's enabled.  The reset password is displayed after I log into a database though, but that defeats the purpose of want to use it for.

Thanks,

Tai

• 8. Re: version 4 bug with 'reset password'
                        Jeff Smith Sqldev Pm-Oracle

Where did you install the Instant Client to, what directory did you add to the path, is it 32 or 64 bit, and what version of the client?