In version 220.127.116.11 we could check calcmgrlaunch.log which was equivalent to the hbrlauch.log
But in version 18.104.22.168 there are no entries about completed calculations in the file.
For this version, there is another log file? Or we need to configure the log level?
Any help in this is appriciated.
· Planning PS3 application properties are documented in the Planning admin guide – a summary is on pages 37-38 of the PDF: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E40248_01/epm.1112/planning_admin.pdf
· Planning PS3 docs: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E40248_01/nav/portal_5.htm
· PS3 Installation and Configuration Troubleshooting Guide with information on ODL: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E40248_01/nav/portal_1.htm, http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E40248_01/epm.1112/epm_troubleshooting.pdf
· Planning admin guide topic that mentions ODL:
Setting Business Rules Launch Logging Properties
You can set application properties to enable logging when Calculation Manager business rules
Note: The logging levels specified in the ODL logging.xml file determine the level of messages
that will be written to the logs. For information about ODL message types and logging
levels, see the Oracle Enterprise Performance Management System Installation and
Configuration Troubleshooting Guide.
These are the application properties that can be set to enable logging:
l BUSINESS_RULE_LAUNCH_LOG_ENABLED: Enables logging when Calculation Manager
business rules are run and checks whether the next two properties are set to true. The default
setting for this property is false.
l BUSINESS_RULE_LAUNCH_LOG_RTP_VALUES: If set to true, runtime prompt values are
- BUSINESS_RULE_LAUNCH_LOG_CALC_SCRIPT: If set to true, the calculation script sent to
Essbase is logged. The default setting for this property is false.
To set Calculation Manager business rules launch logging properties:
1 Select Administration, then Application, and then Properties.
2 Select Application Properties to set properties and values for a Planning application.
3 Add the property by clicking Add, entering the property in the blank row, and entering a value (True or
False) in Property Value:
4 Click Save and confirm your changes.
When these properties are set to enable logging, you will see the following files written to the log
- The Planning_CalcLaunch.log file logs information about start and stop times for the
business rule launch, the user, runtime prompt values, and the calculation script.
- The Planning_CalcExecution.log file logs other exceptions that occur during
execution of a business rule.
- The Planning_CalcDeploy.log file logs errors that occur during rule deployment.