2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 18, 2013 7:39 AM by EdStevens RSS

database import utility wizrd

I have a need to move the data from certain tables(of schema A) to schema B.I would be moving only tables and no other objects.I am using oracle sql developer and thought there are 2 options:

1.database copy  2.datapump

I have few questions:

1.Datapump import is not working if the target environment has truncated tables.It works only if the target tables are dropped...why? is there any setting that i can do so that it drops the table at runtime by itself if required?

2.which is teh best? db copy or datapump ...also do we have any other effective options for moving data

plaese suggest.thanks in advance

• 1. Re: database import utility wizrd
          EdStevens

3bc2b7be-dee7-4dfd-b905-2d63f2927e86 wrote:

I have a need to move the data from certain tables(of schema A) to schema B.I would be moving only tables and no other objects.I am using oracle sql developer and thought there are 2 options:

1.database copy  2.datapump

I have few questions:

1.Datapump import is not working if the target environment has truncated tables.It works only if the target tables are dropped...why? is there any setting that i can do so that it drops the table at runtime by itself if required?

2.which is teh best? db copy or datapump ...also do we have any other effective options for moving data

plaese suggest.thanks in advance

I have a suggestion:  Don't post duplicate threads:  Data pump imports

• 2. Re: database import utility wizrd
            rukbat

Moderator Action:

This duplicate post is locked.

Stay with your original post.  It has replies you need to respond to.