1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2013 3:53 PM by rp0428

why i am getting this tables data insteed of public synonyms data?

prk.neelam

I created a public synonym 'raja' on emp table in SYSTEM schema. And I am logged in another schema and create a table with 'raja'. when i am queried as 'select * from raja' i will get the table's output. So, why i am getting this tables data insteed of public synonyms data?

• 1. Re: why i am getting this tables data insteed of public synonyms data?
          rp0428

I created a public synonym 'raja' on emp table in SYSTEM schema. And I am logged in another schema and create a table with 'raja'. when i am queried as 'select * from raja' i will get the table's output. So, why i am getting this tables data insteed of public synonyms data?

Correct - that is the way it is designed to work. If it didn't work that way someone could prevent you from accessing your own tables; that doesn't make much sense.

The 'Managing Object Name Resolution' section in the Database Administrator's Guide explains the reason

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28310/general008.htm

You posted in the wrong forum. As the forum title says this forum is for Sql Developer questions only; not for SQL or PL/SQL.

Mark this question ANSWERED. If you still need any additional help repost the question in the SQL and PL/SQL forum.