setup oracle 10 g on vm

46553e1f-379b-42c5-a671-48f675eb7dd3 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

hi all ,

i have oracle 10 g dawnloaded from the site

and i have vm with win xp 64

i do n't know if  the oracle 10 g 32 accept work with 64 win xp in vm

if it's accept or n't  iwant to know the way of setup oracle 10 g  on vm

and also  know if oracle 32 can work with 64 xp ?

thanks all

• 1. Re: setup oracle 10 g on vm
    EdStevens Guru

46553e1f-379b-42c5-a671-48f675eb7dd3 wrote:

hi all ,

i have oracle 10 g dawnloaded from the site

and i have vm with win xp 64

i do n't know if  the oracle 10 g 32 accept work with 64 win xp in vm

if it's accept or n't  iwant to know the way of setup oracle 10 g  on vm

and also  know if oracle 32 can work with 64 xp ?

thanks all

Oracle Database Preinstallation Requirements

Any reason you are installing an obsolete database version?

• 2. Re: setup oracle 10 g on vm
    46553e1f-379b-42c5-a671-48f675eb7dd3 Newbie

you  do n't give me the solution of my problem ,do you know  i installed 12 c as data base but  unfortinality does n't have developer of 12 c  asked  alot   and the answer is 11 g  is   work with 12 c databae actuaaly i tried and nothing work

• 3. Re: setup oracle 10 g on vm
    EdStevens Guru

46553e1f-379b-42c5-a671-48f675eb7dd3 wrote:

you  do n't give me the solution of my problem ,

You said "i do n't know if  the oracle 10 g 32 accept work with 64 win xp in vm".  As best as I can make that out, you are asking if Oracle 10g 32-bit will work on Windows 64 bit.

So I gave you a link to the Database Installation Guide  10g Release 2 (10.2) for Microsoft Windows (x64), which lists the requirements, including what versions of Windows it will run on.

Since you failed to specify exactly what version of Oracle you are referring to (10g is a marketing term.  Versions would be 10.1 or 10.2)  I had to take a guess and give you the link to the 10.2 docs.

Did you see your version of Windows listed under "Table 2-3 Software Requirements"?

BTW, in general, most if not all 64-bit OS's will still support 32-bit applications.  (As far as the OS is concerned, Oracle database is an application).  However, if you have a 64-bit OS, and a 64-bit version of the app (oracle db) is available, it makes no sense whatsoever to us the 32-bit version of the app. 

And the fact that it is on a vm is totally irrelevant.  Oracle doesn't even know it is on a virtual machine.  That is the whole point of virtualization.

do you know  i installed 12 c as data base

On your XP system?  Did you check the relevant 12.1 Installation Guide to see if XP was a supported OS?

If you did check, then you would have seen that 12.1 is not supported on XP at all.

If you did not check, why not?

If 12.1 is/was an option, why were you wasting your time with 10g?  (which I asked in my first response).  Perhaps 11.2 would be the better choice.

but  unfortinality does n't have developer of 12 c  asked  alot   and the answer is 11 g  is   work with 12 c databae actuaaly i tried and nothing work

At this point I have no idea what you did.  I certainly have no idea of what problems you might have encountered.  "nothing work" is totally devoid of useful information.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points