4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2014 8:01 PM by user9146549 RSS

Can't startup wls 12c in my opensuse 13.1

user9146549

Hi,

I have installed WLS 12c in linux openSuse 13.1 and exists a conflict with the host of linux server

that is causing a wrong starting up of the app server,

<22-dic-2013 11H55' CET> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000362> <Server failed. Reason:

There are 1 nested errors:

java.lang.ClassCastException: com.octetstring.vde.backend.BackendRoot cannot be cast to com.octetstring.vde.backend.standard.BackendStandard

at weblogic.ldap.EmbeddedLDAP.start(EmbeddedLDAP.java:303)

at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)

at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:295)

at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:254)

>

<22-dic-2013 11H55' CET> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to FAILED.>

<22-dic-2013 11H55' CET> <Error> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000383> <A critical service failed. The server will shut itself down.>

<22-dic-2013 11H55' CET> <Notice> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000365> <Server state changed to FORCE_SHUTTING_DOWN.>

I know this because as a root super user if a type 'hostname localhost' command in a terminal then I can startup wls successfully

so I am wondering about the possibility to put this command inside any of the startup scripts knowing this command works only

for the root super user.

Should it be possible?

Kind regards

Thank you,

jose

• 1. Re: Can't startup wls 12c in my opensuse 13.1
          Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle

Hi Jose,

It looks like during security realm initializing ldap got failed.

Try to rename ldap folder under %Domain_Home% / servers / <servername> / data

and restart the server again that should solve your problem.

Regards,

Kal.

• 2. Re: Can't startup wls 12c in my opensuse 13.1
            user9146549

Hi Kal,

Excuse my late reply. I did what you say renaming the ldap folder but still get the same error.

Here is the Netbeans output while starting wls

<29-dic-2013 08H35' CET> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <BEA-000386> <Server subsystem failed. Reason: java.lang.AssertionError: Could not obtain the localhost address. The most likely cause is an error in the network configuration of this machine.

java.lang.AssertionError: Could not obtain the localhost address. The most likely cause is an error in the network configuration of this machine.

at weblogic.utils.net.AddressUtils$AddressMaker.getLocalHost(AddressUtils.java:39)

at weblogic.utils.net.AddressUtils$AddressMaker.<clinit>(AddressUtils.java:34)

at weblogic.utils.net.AddressUtils.getIPForLocalHost(AddressUtils.java:207)

at weblogic.rjvm.JVMID.setLocalID(JVMID.java:236)

at weblogic.rjvm.RJVMService.setJVMID(RJVMService.java:50)

Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

Caused By: java.net.UnknownHostException: linux-s3ow.site: linux-s3ow.site: Nombre o servicio desconocido

at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1473)

at weblogic.utils.net.AddressUtils$AddressMaker.getLocalHost(AddressUtils.java:37)

at weblogic.utils.net.AddressUtils$AddressMaker.<clinit>(AddressUtils.java:34)

at weblogic.utils.net.AddressUtils.getIPForLocalHost(AddressUtils.java:207)

at weblogic.rjvm.JVMID.setLocalID(JVMID.java:236)

Caused By: java.net.UnknownHostException: linux-s3ow.site: Name or service unknown

at java.net.Inet6AddressImpl.lookupAllHostAddr(Native Method)

at java.net.InetAddress$1.lookupAllHostAddr(InetAddress.java:901)

at java.net.InetAddress.getAddressesFromNameService(InetAddress.java:1293)

at java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost(InetAddress.java:1469)

at weblogic.utils.net.AddressUtils$AddressMaker.getLocalHost(AddressUtils.java:37)

>

***************************************************************************

The WebLogic Server encountered a critical failure

Reason: Assertion violated

***************************************************************************

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class weblogic.protocol.ServerIdentityManager$Initializer

at weblogic.protocol.ServerIdentityManager.findServerIdentity(ServerIdentityManager.java:66)

at weblogic.protocol.URLManager.findAdministrationURL(URLManager.java:174)

at weblogic.server.ServerLifeCycleRuntime.getLifeCycleOperationsRemote(ServerLifeCycleRuntime.java:1124)

at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerRuntime.sendStateToAdminServer(ServerRuntime.java:432)

at weblogic.t3.srvr.ServerRuntime.updateRunState(ServerRuntime.java:418)

at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.setState(T3Srvr.java:208)

at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:484)

at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:74)

please help!!!

Thanks,

Jose

• 3. Re: Can't startup wls 12c in my opensuse 13.1
              Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle

Hi Jose,

This seems that your network is not accessing on localhost as default port please add listen address with Host name or IP address to fix this issue.

When you start the server clear tmp and cache folder.

Regards,

Kal

• 4. Re: Can't startup wls 12c in my opensuse 13.1
                user9146549

Thanks a lot Kalyan for your help.

I changed the OS from open SUSE to Oracle Linux because I would like to install

Oracle database 11g r2 and this choice is a better one.

I thank you Kalyan

Kind regards,

jose