1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply: Dec 31, 2013 7:12 AM by Haafiz Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: OCI error val is 1017 and errmsg is 'ORA-01017:

Hemanth - The database is standby which is RMAN repository database - In our enviornment there are around 500 + database are there - all the database recovery catalog are placed in this database - So I can able to find from which database the session is connecting to this repository database - I information given in the trace file also didn't help me

So I was thinking is there any possibility to check from where this session is hitting..?

• 16. Re: OCI error val is 1017 and errmsg is 'ORA-01017:
          TSharma-Oracle

You might need to resync your catalog with db_unique_name for this standby database.

ORA-17629 : RMAN Resync Catalog from db_unique_name all fails (Doc ID 1301769.1)

• 17. Re: OCI error val is 1017 and errmsg is 'ORA-01017:

Hi Sharama

If we know from which database it is connecting to this rman catalog repository - I think then only we can able to resync right..?

So here we don't know from this session is connecting to catalog repository - so running the below command from standby database will resolve my error ..? - please suggest.?

RMAN> resync catalog from db_unique_name all;

• 18. Re: OCI error val is 1017 and errmsg is 'ORA-01017:
              TSharma-Oracle

This could be the same repository standby database. I didn't know you have 500+ databases.

When did you start getting this error? did you create any standby database around the time when you started getting the error?

How many standby databases you have?

Are they all in sync? The one out of sync could be the contender.

How do you monitor all 500+ databases? You should be able to see that if your databases are in sync or not.

• 19. Re: OCI error val is 1017 and errmsg is 'ORA-01017:

Hi Sharma -

Can we use same catalog for primary & standby database ? - Since in our enviornment we are taking archivelog backup from primary as well as standby database using the same catalog - At last i found this error is causing due to below error.

doing automatic resync from primary

resyncing from database with DB_UNIQUE_NAME test

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================

RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============

RMAN-03002: failure of allocate command at 12/24/2013 02:12:05

RMAN-03014: implicit resync of recovery catalog failed

RMAN-03009: failure of partial resync command on default channel at 12/24/2013 02:12:05

ORA-17629: Cannot connect to the remote database server

ORA-17627: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

ORA-17629: Cannot connect to the remote database server

I tried to configure the DB_UNIQUE_NAME from standby database it is throwing this error

RMAN> CONFIGURE DB_UNIQUE_NAME 'test' CONNECT IDENTIFIER 'test';

using target database control file instead of recovery catalog
                RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============
                RMAN-03002: failure of configure command at 12/24/2013 04:06:46
                RMAN-05021: this configuration cannot be changed for a BACKUP or STANDBY control file

• 20. Re: OCI error val is 1017 and errmsg is 'ORA-01017:
                  TSharma-Oracle

This is exactly mentioned in the metaling note(1301769.1) I mentioned above also. You can run this command in primary database. Check if this resolves this issue. If not, let us know.

• 21. Re: OCI error val is 1017 and errmsg is 'ORA-01017:
                    Haafiz

Hi,

Plz restore the old password file from the backup or recreate passwordfile

Regards,

Haafiz

• 22. Re: OCI error val is 1017 and errmsg is 'ORA-01017:
                      sybrand_b

Your trace shows

module name : rman@host

So RMAN is trying to connect. If the account you are using does NOT have SYSDBA privilege, you'll get ORA-1017

-----------

Sybrand Bakker

Senior Oracle DBA

• 23. Re: OCI error val is 1017 and errmsg is 'ORA-01017:
                        Haafiz

if you try to grant sysdba priviege to some user you will get

ORA-01999 error.

passwordfile mode has been changed from 'exclusive' to 'shared'

either bounce the db or recreate/restore the old passwordfile as i mentioned above

Regards,

Haafiz

1 2 Previous Next