2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 26, 2013 4:05 PM by Rudy Ising RSS

Printing Issues Primavera Contract Manager 13.1

ab97aa72-7e3f-4eed-8dd9-1ea4ec188c6c Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello

I am trying to print an RFI report in Contract Manager and everythime I click on "Print Preview Button" my computer freezes and I have to do the END TASK operation. Please help.

Is this has anything to do with ActiveX controls?

Thanks

Aman

• 1. Re: Printing Issues Primavera Contract Manager 13.1
    Matias Guajardo Uribe Newbie

Hello Aman, for this situation, you will need to run the GENERATEPDF.EXE Application from a command line to troubleshoot issues with PDF Printing not working. The generatepdf application is called at the time of either Print or Print Preview. As one method of troubleshooting why PDF printing may not be working as expected, the generatepdf application can be called with various arguments. For every PDF document, an XML document is created. What database engine are you using with your CM system? Best regards, Matías

• 2. Re: Printing Issues Primavera Contract Manager 13.1
    Rudy Ising Explorer

I agree that this is most likely an issue with the server configuration, but some other comments:

1.  CM13.1 uses Infomaker, not BI; therefore there are no XML output files used.  Infomaker creates output from their PBLS where BI creates XML data files that are used by the report.

2.  On the user/client side, you need to confirm that you are using tested browser/JRE versions.

3.  If you are running a non-standard report that someone has customized, you need to confirm that the report is not flawed, causing the report to run in a loop.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points