3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2014 11:38 PM by Philip Stoyanov RSS

Multiple relationship modeling

gakmenon Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hello,

I am hitting a bug/issues/misunderstanding on my side with data modeller 4.0.0.833 (I had this issue in the previous versions too).

I was trying to model multiple relationships from a entity to a detail entity and am hitting some problems. I have the following situation (simplified) :

Party Entity : Party ID (PID), Party Name

Transaction Entity : Trans ID (PID), cost (number)

I then create 2 1-to-many relationship from party to transaction:

1. Party -> Transaction (1 to many)
  2. Party -> Transaction (1 to many)

This creates 2 FKs on the transaction entity called (Party ID and Party ID1). I rename this attributes in the transaction entity as "From Party" and "To Party"

I then do a engineer to relational model.

This then ignores the attribute names in the transaction entity I had given ("From party" and "to party") and creates 2 new columns - "Party_Party_ID" and "Party_Party_ID1".

1. Is there a way I can preserve the names I had given in the logical model for the FKs when engineered to Physical? Or is this a bug?
  2. Secondly, Is it possible in the Relation properties dialog box (by double clicking the relationship lines in the logical model) in the target cardinality section to select the FKs I had created ("From Party" and "to Party") so that I could document correctly which is the "from" and which is the "to".

Thanks in advance.

AK

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points