1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 13, 2014 6:14 AM by 72043468-e22d-42fc-b406-3d18f504b742 RSS

Endeca CAS migration to 3.0.3

Hi

I am trying to migrate CAS from 3.0.2 to version 3.0.3 . When intalling with the package , its first uninstalling old version of CAS but when beginning to install  CAS 3.0.3 as workbench extension , its giving error like below:

"Unable to register CAS console as a workbench extension. XML configuration files already contain instances of CAS console , please make sure all instances are removed. "

I have already rebooted system and services. Can anyone help me please. Cas service is already stopped.

• 1. Re: Endeca CAS migration to 3.0.3
          72043468-e22d-42fc-b406-3d18f504b742

Hello

In order to get rid of the error you need to amend two files within ENDECA_TOOLS_CONF directory.

e.g.

d:\Endeca\ToolsAndFrameworks\3.1.2\server\workspace\conf\ws-extensions.xml

and

d:\Endeca\ToolsAndFrameworks\3.1.2\server\workspace\conf\ws-mainMenu.xml

from ws-extensions.xml file you need to remove extension id="casconsole" entrance which is similar to

<extension id="casconsole" defaultName="Data Sources" defaultDescription="Manage crawls of data sources such as file systems, content management systems, and relational databases." url="/casconsole/?timestamp=${TS}&amp;auth=${AUTH}" role="admin" sharedSecret="1666116658" height="700" launchImageUrl="/casconsole/images/icon_data.png" />

from ws-mainMenu.xml you need to remove menuitem id="casconsole" item. It looks like:
          <menuitem id="casconsole" onLaunchPage="true"/>

Then run CAS installation once again.

Hope this helps. Cheers

ws-extensions.xml