0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2013 6:16 PM by 991196

toplink validation error

I have a multi-project enterprise maven project. Within the ejb module of our project, I have (at the moment) an entitity I'm trying to get to persist.  However, when I

deploy my ear file, it fails validation with:

Exception Description:  Missing meta data for class [java.lang.Integer].  Ensure the class is not being excluded from your presistence unit by <exlcude-unlisted-classes>true</exclude-unlisted-classes>

setting.  If this is the case, you will need to include the class directly by adding a <class>java.lang.Integer</class>  entry for your persistence unit.

Digging down further into the stack trace, I see this:

An error was thrown by rmi server:  javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.getAttribute(Ljavax.management.ObjectName;LJava.lang.String;Ljavax.security.auth.Subject;)

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:  oracle/toplink/essentials/internal/sessions/UnitOfWorkImpl.  To me, the javax.security.auth.Subject seems like an authentication issue...

Anyway, in the database description, the pk of the entity is a number.  In the java class file, it's an Integer, though I've used int and Long types.  All result in the error above.  Also,

the entity class declares a sequencegenerator, which is mapped to the entity from a sequence in the database:

@GeneratedValue(stragegy = GenerationType.SEQUENCE, generator = "SEQ_ROW_ID")

In the packaged ear file, I see the toplink-essentials jar file, which contains the above class file for oracle.toplink.essentials.internal.session.UnitOfWorkImpl, so I'm not sure why it's

not being found on the classpath.  At this point, I've no idea what to try next.  As I've mentioned, I've changed the type of the primary key in the Entity class from an int to Integer to

Long, resulting in the 1st error about the persitence.xml file.  I'm sure it's probably something simple, but nothing I've tried seems to be working.  Any ideas would be most welcome.

To further assist, we're using:

persistence.xml (version 1.0)

toplink-essentials 1.5.0_08-b03 (or something similarly named).

weblogic server 10.3.5

eclipse ide, but the error occurs whether deploying from eclipse or manually.

Thanks,

John