3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2014 11:43 PM by zehao-Oracle RSS

Sync direction in android

4dd630b5-9066-4a1d-870a-52a811ed3cfb Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

We are using DMS 11.3 version We have a scenario where only one-way sync should happen,i.e from android mobile to server.To do this i  am calling the method setSyncDirection(OSESession.DIR_SEND) in android application but i could see the data coming from server to android phone.

Could anyone please let me know where i am getting it wrong

thanks

vikas rao

• 1. Re: Sync direction in android
    zehao-Oracle Newbie

Hi Vikas,

Thanks for finding the issue. We've looked into the issue, it is a bug. To find a workaround for the scenario you mentioned, please take a look at DCQ (Data Collection Queue http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E48200_01/doc.1130/e39324/sync.htm#BCGCEAIF), and see if DCQ meets your requirement.

Regards,

Zehao

• 2. Re: Sync direction in android
    4dd630b5-9066-4a1d-870a-52a811ed3cfb Newbie

Hi Zehao,

Thanks for replaying,I have gone through the link which you sent,It is best alternative solution for our requirement.We are using MDW(Mobile Database Workbench) for publishing and creation of application.

1.So we created new project which defines Queue instead of Fast/complete refresh(This option is there in MDW) and we deployed it.But when we did the sync we are getting error "java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist".For the same project If you edit from Queue to Fast you don't get this error.Is there any extra step we need to follow while we are defining it as queue.

2.As per my understanding from doc we need to define In-queue and OUT-queue  but in MDW i did not find the option.So please let me know is this step necessary while using MDW .

3.Is the above error is because of not defining In-queue and OUT-queue.Please let us know

Thanks

vikas rao

• 3. Re: Sync direction in android
    zehao-Oracle Newbie

Hi Vikas,

With Queue-based publication item, you need to define In-Queue and Out-Queue, and customize your own synchronization logic. MDW does not provide options to create In/Out queue, you will need to create them in your application.

There is a sample application in MDK (mobile/sdk/samples/sync/QBasedPI) , which describes how a queue-based publication item can be used to perform custom synchronization, please take a look.

Regards,

Zehao