I have to install Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management R8.3 with primavera WebService and oracle 11 g database. I am testing one application which fetches the data from this primavera using web service url "http://hostname:port/p6ws/services".
I have installed this primavera but this web service is not working. So would you please let me know the steps to install this Primavera Enterprise R 8.3 with web services and oracle 11g from the very first step?
Please provide me all the software and step by step installation order (which software should be install first like Oracle database 11g, weblogic 11g, java etc).
Please reply this me as soon as possible because it's very urgent to me.
I recently installed WebLogic server and we are developing integration application between Primavera and our system by using web service. So I could take a look tomorrow what I have and share experience with you. There is a short user guide how to configure p6 web service.
Did you get an error message in WebLogic console that a file is missing or something else? If yes, try to copy wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar file into the lib folder of your WebLogic domain.
Also add following lines after line "SETLOCAL" into startWebLogic.cmd file
set JAVA_OPTIONS=%SAVE_JAVA_OPTIONS% -Djavax.xml.soap.MessageFactory=com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.SOAPMessageFactory1_1Impl
set JAVA_OPTIONS=%SAVE_JAVA_OPTIONS% -Djavax.xml.soap.SOAPConnectionFactory=weblogic.wsee.saaj.SOAPConnectionFactoryImpl
set JAVA_OPTIONS=%SAVE_JAVA_OPTIONS% -Dprimavera.bootstrap.home=[Folder of Primavera]\p6
On the list line you are pointing to the BREBootStrap.xml file where you have configuration how to connect to your DB.
At least I made these steps and WebLogic server started.
Today when i tried to re-deploy the primavera web services in the weblogic. I got "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.wsdl.xml.WSDLLocator' error.
As per the oracle guy this issue is due to missing/ corrupt of wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar. I followed the below steps to resolve this issue:
1. Set the JAVA_HOME to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_26 (in environment variable)
2. Copy the p6ws.war file from the location (C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\PrimaveraP6EPPM\servers\AdminServer\tmp) to JAVA_HOME/bin
3. Copy the p6ws.ear file from the location (F:\P6EPPM_4\ws\server) to JAVA_HOME/bin
4. Create a folder WEB-INF/lib in the JAVA_HOME/bin location
5. Copy the wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar into the WEB-INF/lib folder
6. Open cmd and locate the JAVA_HOME/bin
7. Run the jar.exe uf p6ws.war WEB-INF/lib/wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar command in cmd
8. Run the jar uf p6ws.ear p6ws.war command in cmd
9. Copy p6ws.ear file from JAVA_HOME/bin to F:\P6EPPM_4\ws\server (this is the P6 home location)
10. Login to Weblogic and deploy the p6ws.ear file.