2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 10, 2014 1:29 AM by rhisingh RSS

Help Needed with Data-modeling to build an application on

rhisingh Explorer
Currently Being Moderated

Hi would anyone be able to help me in creating a data model  cause im really stuck with this one .Basically if been asked to create a survey application in oracle apex that use to excel based . So the info i was given was in a form of  excel sheet which looks like this

NAMEE-MAILTSSAORACLEHPIBMMSSAPINTERGRAPHCISCORelationshipContractingPerformanceArchitectureSupplier Feedbackcomments
Jxxxxxx yyyyyyfBisschJ@.co.zaYesYesYesYesxrequested to be added
nnnitha iiiiiahJ@.co.zaYesYesYesxx
Knnnn kkkikotA@.co.zaYesxxis not payed
Gggrt LouuuueGJ@.co.zaYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesxxxx
jeiiiha addK@.co.zaYesxto meet with
John RatoneJ@.co.zaYesxx

So where it says yes thous are the vendors that people associated with them have to asses and where there's an X thous are the topics that the vendors have to be rated on . So if for example the first guy on the list Jxxxxxx yyyyyyf will asses TSSA , ORACLE, HP , IBM , MS , SAP  on the topic of Architecture and if you look at the second user nnnitha iiiiiah he would rate TSSA , ORACLE , INTERGRAPH on the topics of Relationship and performance  . Any idea how i could data model this to get my table structures right .so that features like completion status could be displayed to the user through APEX which can only be done by a correct data-model i have tried normalization but  i did go anywhere becauce there are so many variations any idea on how you would go about data modeling this would be greatly appreciated thank you    

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points