5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2014 12:46 AM by Pascal Kreyer - Oracle RSS

Sun Fire x4100

9470e599-f664-4919-9afa-13f139422902 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

I recently got a Sun fire x4100 server, which does not have an OS loaded. I am able to connect to ILOM (version 2.0.2.1) through the Serial management port and using SSH in Putty. I can also get to the web admin page and launch the remote java console.

However, when I enter the start /SP/console command from a Serial or SSH session the session hangs at "Serial console started. To stop, type ESC (" It will return to the -> prompt if you press the escape characters, however, it doesn't bring up another prompt (such as ok>) and it doesn't respond to any other input. I can't get anything except a blank black screen from the locally attached monitor or the java remote console. I also can't get a BIOS screen to show up for the system, though I can watch the full ILOM boot process in the serial connection.

The machine doesn't seem to detect any hardware problems. How can I check what it is using for a console output device? I just need to change the boot order so that it uses the OS install CD?

Thank you

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points