1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 16, 2014 5:54 AM by Stefan Jager RSS

java Shapefile Converter error ORA-13050

0cfe41c3-03a2-45b0-934d-312f25c05803

Hi,

i'm trying to convert a shape with the java converter and following the documention i make these steps:

1. In our installation of ORACLE 11g we don't have the folder "[ORACLE_HOME]/md/". Then i've downloaded from here http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/options/spatialandgraph/downloads/software/sp-download-distlic-522138.html the required .jars
      2. I launch the java program with the next cmdline: java -classpath %ORACLE_HOME%\jdbc\lib\ojdbc6.jar;Y:\oracle11_libs\sdoutl.jar;Y:\oracle11_libs\sdoapi.jar oracle.spatial.util.SampleShapefileToJGeomFeature -h %HOST% -p %PORT% -s %SID% -u GISTEST -d GISTESTPRE -t edificis_area -f gis_edificacio_perimetre_base_polygon -r 23031 -g geom -o 0.0001

While with points and lines there is no problem, with polygons it returns the next result:

db_username: GISTEST

db_password: GISTESTPRE

db_tablename: edificis_area

shapefile_name: .\historic_20020103\20020103_expHistoCarto\01_Global\EPSG23031\SHAPE\gis_edificacio_perimetre_base_polygon

SRID: 23031

db_geometry_column: geom

tolerance: 0.0001

Connecting to Oracle10g using...

GISTEST, GISTESTPRE, edificis_area, .\historic_20020103\20020103_expHistoCarto\01_Global\EPSG23031\SHAPE\gis_edificacio_perimetre_base_polygon, null, 23031

Dropping old table...

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: la tabla o vista no existe

Creating new table...

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-13050: no se ha podido construir el objeto espacial

ORA-06512: en "MDSYS.SDO_MIGRATE", línea 316

ORA-06512: en "MDSYS.SDO_MIGRATE", línea 597

Record #1 not converted.

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-13050: no se ha podido construir el objeto espacial

ORA-06512: en "MDSYS.SDO_MIGRATE", línea 316

ORA-06512: en "MDSYS.SDO_MIGRATE", línea 597

The first thing that i found strange is the print of 'Oracle10g' and then we found the use of MDSYS.SDO_MIGRATE in the trace's error that it mean's the conversion between different versions of Oracle.

Does anyone know where the problem is?

• 1. Re: java Shapefile Converter error ORA-13050
          Stefan Jager

If anyone else could take a look at this: It seems to be depending on the version. We are running into the exact same problem when using 11.2.0.3.0, but when using
          11.2.0.2.0 we can import the shape file without a problem. Both versions are the 64-bits version, btw.

When trying a different approach using SQL Loader, we found that apparently there is an ordinate not quite right:

Record 1: Rejected - Error on table "WOZ"."C_IMPORTED_DATA", column "GEOMETRY".SDO_ORDINATES.SDO_ORDINATES.

error converting data

ORA-01722: invalid number

It is strange that one version can deal with this, but the other cannot. Is there anyone from Oracle who can take a look at this? We are now changing our strategy, but would prefer not to have to :-)

Regards

Stefan