2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2014 11:24 PM by 12cdb RSS

ddl not working

afaltyno

Good Morning Everyone, I could use some help here.  I am fairly new with this golden gate going to school of hard knocks I should say.  I need some help with my param config files.  I got my DML to work properly bu my DDL does not want to work at all no matter what I had tried to switch in or out of the file.  Yes I had stopped and started the processs too.  I rechecked the DDL scripts to make sure all was run and the ggs_owner had all the privileges as far as I  can tell.  I am writing this on a separate system so I can’t just “copy and paste”  the output, I am hand jamming this to you. My system I am trying to replicate is active to active from a linux server to a solaris server in a development environment. Last request.  I had seen some tutorials listed some where but can’t recall the site and would like to review them, if anyone knows of a tutorial link please send that too me.  I had purchased the book but it does not do a very good job in explaining this shortcoming in the troubleshooting section. The reason I have the    TRANLOGOPTIONS  EXCLUDEUSER    ggs_owner    listed is because of a looping it eliminated from the two databases.  Without it when I update on one server the salary and commit then do a select on that same person the old data is still there not the new updated salary.  I tracked this in the redo logs and it showed a commit and writing to the log.  When I added this line that anomaly stopped.  It then showed an updated salary like it was suppose too there and on the other side. My listeners are listening for the service and the tnsping come back ok. Thanks for your help in advance. Regards, Al Parameter list.

PEARL SERVER:

Ext1

EXTRACT ext1

USERID  ggs_owner,  PASSWORD  ggs_owner

EXTTRAIL  /database/u01/oracle/ggs/dirdat/pt DISCARDFILE      /database/u01/oracle/ggs/discard/dsc,    PURGE

TRANLOGOPTIONS  EXCLUDEUSER    ggs_owner

DDL  INCLUDE MAPPED TABLE    scott.emp;

Dpump

EXTRACT  dpump

RMTHOST  192.XXX.X.X,  MGRPORT  7809,  COMPRESS

RMTTRAIL        $ORACLE_HOME/ggs/dirdat/pt

PASSTHRU

TABLE    scott.emp; Rep1

rep1

REPLICAT  rep1

USERID  ggs_owner,  PASSWORD  ggs_owner

ASSUMETARGETDEFS DISCARDFILE  /database/u01/oracle/ggs/discard/dsc,  PURGE

DDL  INCLUDE OBJNAME    “scott.emp”

MAP    scott.emp,      TARGET    scott.emp;

LANCE SERVER:

ext1

EXTRACT    ext1

USERID        ggs_owner,    PASSWORD    ggs_owner

EXTTRAIL      $ORACLE_HOME/ggs/dirdat/lt DISCARDFILE          $ORACLE_HOME/ggs/discard/dsc,  PURGE

TRANSLOGOPTIONS  EXCLUDEUSER    ggs_owner

DDL  INCLUDE    MAPPED

TABLE      scott.emp;

Dpump

EXTRACT          dpump

RMTHOST 192.XXX.X.X    MGRPORT    7809,  COMPRESS RMTTRAIL      /database/u01/oracle/ggs/dirdat/lt

PASSTHRU

TABLE    scott.emp; Rep1

rep1

REPLICAT      rep1

USERID  ggs_owner,    PASSWORD  ggs_owner

ASSUMETARGETDEFS

DISCARDFILE    $ORACLE_HOME/ggs/discard/dsc,  PURGE

DDL  INCLUDE  OBJNAME  “scott.emp”

MAP    scott.emp,    TARGET  scott.emp;

• 1. Re: ddl not working
          afaltyno

Hi Everyone, I finally got it working both ways.  Thanks for looking at it anyway. Here is the final configurations. PEARL SERVER: Ext1 EXTRACT ext1 USERID  ggs_owner,  PASSWORD  ggs_owner EXTTRAIL  /database/u01/oracle/ggs/dirdat/pt DISCARDFILE      /database/u01/oracle/ggs/discard/dsc,    PURGE TRANLOGOPTIONS  EXCLUDEUSER    ggs_owner DDL  INCLUDE  ALL TABLE    scott.*; Dpump EXTRACT  dpump RMTHOST  192.XXX.X.X,  MGRPORT  7809,  COMPRESS RMTTRAIL        $ORACLE_HOME/ggs/dirdat/pt PASSTHRU TABLE    scott.*; Rep1 REPLICAT        rep1 USERID  ggs_owner,  PASSWORD  ggs_owner REPERROR (-00942,IGNORE)  ASSUMETARGETDEFS DISCARDFILE  /database/u01/oracle/ggs/discard/dsc,  PURGE DDL  INCLUDE  ALL MAP    scott.*,      TARGET    scott.*; LANCE SERVER: EXTRACT        ext1 USERID        ggs_owner,    PASSWORD    ggs_owner EXTTRAIL      $ORACLE_HOME/ggs/dirdat/lt DISCARDFILE          $ORACLE_HOME/ggs/discard/dsc,  PURGE TRANSLOGOPTIONS  EXCLUDEUSER    ggs_owner DDL  INCLUDE    MAPPED TABLE      scott.emp; Dpump EXTRACT          dpump RMTHOST 192.XXX.X.X    MGRPORT    7809,  COMPRESS RMTTRAIL      /database/u01/oracle/ggs/dirdat/lt PASSTHRU TABLE    scott.emp; Rep1 REPLICAT      rep1 USERID  ggs_owner,    PASSWORD  ggs_owner REPERROR (-00942,IGNORE) ASSUMETARGETDEFS DISCARDFILE    $ORACLE_HOME/ggs/discard/dsc,  PURGE DDL  INCLUDE  ALL MAP    scott.*,    TARGET  scott.*;

• 2. Re: ddl not working
            12cdb

Mark the post as closed so others can avoid looking at it,