Hello again, everyone!
Some more new features are rolling out today and tomorrow. Again, these are tied to the new community joining the platform at the end of the month.
1. A fix for the header issue reported last week is being tested and should roll out over the weekend.
2. Reply by email is being enabled, which means you will be able to reply to a thread directly from your email inbox. If you are following a discussion and have email updates turned on (see Preferences to configure your email preferences) you'll be able to reply to the email within your email client and that reply will be added to the discussion thread.
3. You will now be able to upload your own custom avatars, to a max of 2. In order to upload an avatar, you need to click on your username and then hit the Activity tab. On the right side, under Actions, you'll see a link to "Change Avatar." From there, you can upload your avatar.
3b. Your custom avatars will be moderated according to the Oracle Terms of Service. Avatars will be rejected if they:
• Are defamatory, derogatory, degrading, or harassing
• Promote bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual
• Are obscene or in poor taste
• Appear to violate intellectual property or copyright laws
• Contain a solicitation of or advertise funds, goods, or services
3c. I imagine there might be an initial flood of new avatars so it may take us a bit to get through them all, but in general, avatars will be moderated daily. If it looks like there will be a long delay, we will update you in this thread. Thanks in advance for your patience on this one.
3d. You do not get any notification that your avatar has been approved or rejected. You have to go back into the "Change Avatar" menu and you will see that your pending avatar is gone (in which case it has been rejected) or is available for you to select (in which case it has been approved).
3e. You have to go back into that menu to manually select your avatar once it has been approved.
4. In addition to all of the above, I've reached out to the Jive team on the issues with the editor. As soon as I have anything to report there, I'll let you know. I'm closing the previous thread; report any issues with these or any other new features here.