1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2014 12:56 AM by Gayu0726

Fresh Install 12c Can't Connect

iamunix

I did [my 1st] fresh installation of Oracle Database 12c on Oracle Linux 6.5. I followed the manual and everything went fine. The machine was rebooted and now I can connect to 'sql*plus' but it say's I'm connected to an 'idle instance' & it seems like no Oracle services are running. I can't connect to emctl and I don't think the netlistener or em services are running and whatever else the database uses.

[oracle@db1 ~]$ sqlplus / as sysdba SQL*Plus: Release 12.1.0.1.0 Production on Sat Jan 18 01:35:01 2014 Copyright (c) 1982, 2013, Oracle. All rights reserved. Connected to an idle instance. SQL> startup ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters LRM-00109: could not open parameter file '/u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/db1/dbs/initzoo.ora' 

I read the docs for the '16 What to Do Next?' section and it's not really helpful. It just tells me after the OUI finishes installing 12c, I should connect to OEM. I can't figure out what post-install configuration is required to have the database running. Do I need to create or modify a PFILE/SPFILE after 12c installs? Assume this would be auto-installed and configured but I am very green here.

1 2 Previous Next