6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2014 4:52 PM by algibson RSS

Error: Invalid Database

ama Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated

When I attempted to connect to a database, I ran into the following error message:

* * *   ERROR :  INVALID DATABASE  * * *

The database you are connecting to is not a Project Manager database.

Any workaround?

• 1. Re: Error: Invalid Database
    Sachin Gupta Pro

You might not be using correct version of P6 client to connect to Primavera database. It could be due to Service packs or using PPM client with EPPM or vice-versa.

• 2. Re: Error: Invalid Database
    algibson Journeyer

Hi,

It sounds like you are using Project Manager to connect to a Methodology Management database.

You will need to make sure you use Project Manager to access your PMDB database and Methodology Manager to access the MMDB database.

If they aren't named as obvious as PMDB/MMDB then you can check the database version, this will also show the database type.

You can run the following query - the first four characters should be either PMDB or MMDB. (Exception to this would be an 8.x Professional Project Management database which will show PPMDB)

Regards

Alex

• 3. Re: Error: Invalid Database
    ama Journeyer

Thank you for your replies.

Sachin: I am using P6 version 7. The database is also a version 7 database. Other projects (databases) connect just fine. It is just one project/database that is experiencing this issue.

Alex: what query should I run?

Thanks again!

• 4. Re: Error: Invalid Database
    algibson Journeyer

Hi,

Sorry, forgot to include the query.

select database_version from prefer;

Regards

Alex

• 5. Re: Error: Invalid Database
    ama Journeyer

Alex,

I did run that query yesterday in SQL Server Management Studio Express (logged in as privuser) for the affected database. It did not return any result, although the query was executed successfully. Other queries (such as listing projects) also yielded no results although they were executed successfully. Really weird.

Thanks for your help!

• 6. Re: Error: Invalid Database
    algibson Journeyer

Hi,

The only thing I can think is that you are looking at the 'Messages' tab in SQL Management Studio and not at the 'Results' tab which shows the actual detail from the query.

The prefer table only has a single row in it so it might be easiest to just open that table up and scroll across to find the database_version field.

Regards

Alex

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points