2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2014 7:44 PM by Nir RSS

Automatic Tasks are assigning to the user even the Vacation rule Enabled

Nir Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi Experts,

I have enabled a Vacation rule in bpm/workspace.

But I can see all the tasks assigned in the inbox for that user.

Then I have enabled the Customized rule as the vacation rule and tried to reassign the tasks to an another user.

That is also not happening. Tasks are assigning to the other user.

Our ECM version is 11.1.1.6.0

Went through all the documentations and couldn't find the solution..

Thanks,

Nir

• 1. Re: Automatic Tasks are assigning to the user even the Vacation rule Enabled
    Daniel Atwood Oracle ACE

Hi Nir,

When you said

But I can see all the tasks assigned in the inbox for that user.

do you mean the instances that were previously assigned to the user are still there in the user's queue?

Vacation rules let you reassign or delegate tasks assigned to a user once the vacation period begins.  If work items are already in their queue before the vacation rule goes into effect, they remain in the person's queue.  It's up to the user to reassign or delegate the existing work item instances that were already in their queue.

New instances that arrive once the rule goes into effect however, should be automatically reassigned (or delegated depending on the vacation rule's radio button selected) to the other person.

Dan Atwood

• 2. Re: Automatic Tasks are assigning to the user even the Vacation rule Enabled
    Nir Newbie

Hi,

Thanks for the reply...

There is no issue with the previously assigned tasks.

Yes that I know those instances will remain and rule should be effected to newly assigned tasks.

There is only one human task in my BPM project and it is directly assigned to a user.

I'm trying to activate a Vacation rule for him for that particular task (Reassign to an another user). But new instances are still assign to that main user.

Thanks,

Nir

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points