Year

Line Item

Customer

Division

PCNT

Version

Scenario

Currency

But in the text file we have only 6 dimension including  amount ie :  Account,Entity,Line Item,Customer,Division, Amount.

We dont have  PCNT, VERSION,CURRENCY  (Period,Year,Scenario,it will pick from POV so i have not mentioned it )

Now i want to import it to FDMEE

can anyone help me in this ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Import Format in FDMEE
          Francisco Amores

Hi,

you have to create the import format so you import columns available in the file.

For the rest, you can decide whether to import fixed values (i.e. Final_Version), derive from scripts, etc. or just leave them blank (you can create then mapping for all source values. I.e * -> Currency_Local)

For example, if you setup your import format so version is always set to "Final", then all data rows imported will be imported with value "Final" in Version dimension.

You can set the field number to 1 as it will be ignored when you enter an expression in the Import format.

Hope that Helps

akafdmee.blogspot.com

• 2. Re: Import Format in FDMEE

Thanks F.Amores

Once i have selected import format in FDMEE i am able to see all the dimension members in Import format  like below in FDMEE

According to our source file i have mentioned filed numbers and tried to load then it did not imported in FDMEE

Source Column       Field Number         Expression                          Target

Account                    1                                                                         Account (1)

Entity                        2                                                                         Entity (2)

Period                                                                                                  Period (3)

Year                                                                                                    Year (4)

Line Item                  3                                                                         Line Item (5)

Customer                  4                                                                         Customer(6)

Division                     5                                                                         Division(7)

PCNT                                                                                                   PCNT(8)

Version                                                                                                Version(9)

Scenario                                                                                               Scenario(10)

Currency                                                                                               Currency(11)

Amount                     6                                                                         Amount(12)

In our Data file we have below combination

Account, Entity,LineItem, Customer,Division,1000

we dont have PCNT, VERSION, CURRENY, PERIOD,YEAR ,SCENARIO

can u explain what i need to mention in the blank file numbers ?

• 3. Re: Import Format in FDMEE
              Francisco Amores

You can put 1 in the Field Number and then the value you want to import in the Expression field.

For example, if version you are going to load data is "Working", then you would put 1 in Field Number and Working in Expression.

Have you assigned the import format to your location?

Have you configured your import format to have delimiter as COMMA?

I would review the FDMEE process log to see why data is not imported.

• 4. Re: Import Format in FDMEE

Thanks F.Amores

I will work now and let u know the result