Primavera P6 EPPM (web tool) V220.127.116.11
Windows 2008 R2 SP1 server
Oracle 11g database
Window 7 using IE 9 or Firefox 24
When I click on the Administer-->User Access a dialog display saying "Failed to load Data. Please try again,...." This happens on IE9 and Firefox 24 using JDK 1.6 or 1.7.
How do I debug this? There is nothing in any Weblog 10.3.6 domain or managed server logs. I've tried turning on all the debug options, no more info. I'll try turning on tracing in Oracle maybe I can get an SQL error.
* This error occurs when I am logged as a normal or super admin user
* Primavera Professional p6 against the same database works great (no errors).
* Another error that may or may not be related is when I click the Projects menu, the screen shows the progress bar then just stops. Nothing more is displayed in the panel.
* Yet another error that may or may not be related is the when I open Administer-->Application Settings as an super admin no matter what I change I cannot get the Save button to enable.
I made four changes to the P6 Configuration that fixed the problem. I am not sure what single change or combination of changes made it work, but here they are:
* change database instance connection id from private user to public user
* entered a Timesheet URL even though I do not have the PR ear file active in weblogic instance. eg: http://someserver.somedomain:8204/pr
* In client properties, clicked ON the "Use JNLP...." flag
* in client properties, bumped maximum memory allocated to Java applets from 256 to 1024
These changes got Primavera EPPM P6 v8.2 working on all my java 1.6 weblogic platforms and browsers...even a MacPro.
You can consider this discussion closed.