4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2014 2:48 PM by TexasApexDeveloper

Report + Jquery + CSV export = jquery result lost

user1767593

We have some IR reports with breaks. We put these next to eachother on specific headers with jquery code in the report. But when we do an export i want the same results as shown in the report. The changes made in Jquery get lost when i do a CSV export. Is there some way to get the same columns next to each other like in the report on the screen? or is there some other way to get the same result using something other than jquery? We are now want to making a function in DB using dynamic sql that returns a query to apex report but there should be some easier way in Apex than this no?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Report + Jquery + CSV export = jquery result lost
          Tyson Jouglet

We put these next to eachother on specific headers with jquery code in the report.

I cannot follow what you are talking about. do you have a picture or a sample app?

• 2. Re: Report + Jquery + CSV export = jquery result lost
            TexasApexDeveloper

Didn't you ask this question earlier in the week?  What you are trying to do will not work, since the csv export is just looking at the QUERY you have an not any of the formatting.. The jquery is done OUTSIDE the query you are running...

None of the formatting you do will go into a CSV file, since it is just a text file..

Thank you,

Tony Miller

LuvMuffin Software

Ruckersville, VA

• 3. Re: Report + Jquery + CSV export = jquery result lost
              user1767593

@ TexasApexDeveloper i asked this question on linkedin Apex group before. But not here. So there no way to show the breaks next to eachother in the CSV file? with or without use of Jquery?

@ Tyson: no sample app.

Standard behavier of IR report:

department :1

col1 col2 col3 col4

BREAK

col1 col2 col3 col4

BREAK

col1 col2 col3 col4

BREAK

col1 col2 col3 col4

BREAK

department :2

col1 col2 col3 col4

BREAK

col1 col2 col3 col4

BREAK

With Jquery made it look like this

department 1

col1 col2 col3 col4 BREAK col1 col2 col3 col4 BREAK col1 col2 col3 col4 BREAK col1 col2 col3 col4 BREAK

department 2

col1 col2 col3 col4 BREAK col1 col2 col3 col4 BREAK col1 col2 col3 col4 BREAK col1 col2 col3 col4 BREAK

i want the data like this in CSV, so that then user opens this in excel the data is presented horizontaly per department:

department 1

department 2

• 4. Re: Report + Jquery + CSV export = jquery result lost
                TexasApexDeveloper

A CSV export is a text export in a comma delimited format so other systems can import the data and process it.. Why would you want to have such formatting in an export file?  What you will need to do is a CUSTOM EXPORT routine to handle this type of request..

Thank you,

Tony Miller

LuvMuffin Software

Ruckersville, VA