2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2014 1:50 PM by BrunnoAttorre RSS

Doubts about WTC Queue Bridge Benchmarking and using OTMQ on JCA

BrunnoAttorre Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Todd and team, hi,

I'm needing your help in two points. The first one, is more a doubt than a problem. Regarding the WTC Queue Bridge, do you have any benchmark or performance reports on the numbers of transaction served by the server, so we can have a view on what are it's capacities under a heavy load of requests?

The second one is, in a JCA Adapter, is there any way for me to call the OTMQ functions like tpattach and tpenqplus? Are they part of the com.oracle.tuxedo.adapter.cci package? Can you please help me on this?

Thank you very much.

Brunno Attorre

• 1. Re: Doubts about WTC Queue Bridge Benchmarking and using OTMQ on JCA
    Todd Little Expert

Hi Brunno,

I'm not sure I've seen a benchmark done specifically of the tBridge (WTC Queuing Bridge).  I can tell you that in its current state, the tBridge uses a single thread per redirection.  So I suppose you could try adding additional redirections to get additional threads processing the queues, although I've not tried that myself.

Regarding the JCA Adapter and OTMQ, to the best of my knowledge, you can only access the /Q compatible features of OTMQ, so that would be tpenqueue() and tpdequeue().  Please note that you will have to have imported the remote queuespace name as a service.  What specific features of OTMQ were you wanting to use above and beyond what /Q compatibility offers?

Regards,

Todd Little

Oracle Tuxedo Chief Architect

• 2. Re: Doubts about WTC Queue Bridge Benchmarking and using OTMQ on JCA
    BrunnoAttorre Newbie

Hi Todd,

Regarding the OTMQ functionality, we were hoping to be capable of using the tpattach, tpdeatach, tpenqplus, tpdeqplus, etc..This mostly due to the fact that, when using a OTMQ, we need touse the non-active queues, temporary queues and other functionalities that are provided by these methods...

Anyway, I think a solution for this from our side would be to implement a JNI call although, as you`ve stated before, this is not officially suported by the JATMI interface.

If you see any other solution for these functionalities, I`d be very grateful if you could share them with us.

Thanks very much!

Brunno Attorre

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points