Hi all -
I'm having a problem with my em jobs service. It's listed as down. Severity is "Fatal". For the incident creation DATE it has the following:
Note that it's the DATE column where it ways that the reason could not be established. Under "message" it has Dec 28, 2013 8:46:29 PM.
Incident Creation Date
Incident Last updated Date
Dec 28, 2013 8:46:29 PM
Jan 27, 2014 7:48:44 PM
Does anyone have any clue as to why this is happening and/or how to fix it?
Follow the below steps
1. Click on Repository Database Target in Cloud Control
2. Navigate to : Administration -> "Oracle Scheduler" -> Home -> click on "Oracle Scheduler" it will return, "Scheduler Jobs"
3. Check that the scheduled jobs are running at their correct schedules. Check if the "EM_JOBS_STEP_SCHED" job is disabled.
4. Select "EM_JOBS_STEP_SCHED" and click on "Edit job Definition" ensure that the job status is "enabled". Then click apply.
5. Check the "EM Jobs Service" status , it should now be shown as UP.
1. Login to 12c Console, Targets --> All Targets --> EM Jobs Service
2, click on Monitoring Configuration tab
3. click on System Configuration
In the Availability Definition screen, under Key Component column, check all the check boxes
4. Similarly, in the System Configuration screen, under Key Component column, check all the check boxes
Wait for 5 minutes and then check the status of the target again.
Hi Rahul -
Thanks for your reply. I check the 2nd part of your reply and all was good. However, the first part of your reply I have problem with. I evidently do not have the repository Database target added. I figured that was part of the default OMS install, but I guess not. I have agents on the host that has the RAC DB on it, but I don't have the RAC DB added as a target.
Can I perform your corrective actions without the repository DB target configured?
Not thru EM you can't. You can via regular db commands but you really should discover/promote the RAC db that your repository runs on for full monitoring. Go to Setup -> Add Targets -> Auto Discovery Results, select the Agent based Targets tab and look to see if your target is in there pending promotion.