4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2014 1:40 PM by jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias RSS

error: the network path was not found

dileraco

Hello everyone,

I am trying to connect a remote machine but I can't. There is a shared folder in the remote machine, when I write the path to file browser in local machine, it does not find the path specified. Both machines have successful network condition and ping each other. Also, the shared folder is opened to everyone, there should not be a permission problem, right? Can you help me please.

Thank You

• 1. Re: error: the network path was not found
          dileraco

Also, when I diagnose the error it says;

'The remote device or resource won't accept the connection Detected'

Thank You

• 2. Re: error: the network path was not found
            gimbal2

I'm sorry to say, but if you have no information to provide then the best you can get here is sympathy. Your post is an "it doesn't work". I'm sorry to hear that, but since nobody here has access to your environment, diagnostics are impossible. That is still your job no matter how tedious it is and how scary the thought is that you don't know what to do, I suggest you get cracking. Googling for ways to diagnose networking problems would be a good place to start. You need some kind of hint what might be wrong before you can ask for help to solve it.

• 3. Re: error: the network path was not found
              dileraco

Hi,

All the things written in google was about internet connection so my problem was unique at that time. I indicated in my post 'Both machines have successful network condition and ping each other', and could not find the core problem in my environment settings. May b e, I should add I am working on oracle data integrator 12c, trying to bulk insert. However, here is networking section, not Data Integrator. I just wanted to learn what is missing.

Thank You

• 4. Re: error: the network path was not found
                jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias

A shared folder on another machine is not an assurance that you can access it on yours.

Presumably you are using windows so you can use explorer to create a shared drive.  If you can't do that then nothing you do in java will allow it either.  A shared folder has interesting semantic but normally it requires the host name and the name of the folder (NOT the path to the folder.)