7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2004 9:25 PM by 428365

Questions about ProcessConnect

Hello,

I've got two questions about ProcessConnect:

- Where can I upload/insert my own transformation routine? I didn't find a button like 'Customer transformation' in InterConnect (iStudio).

- Is it possible to integrate a binary file (like pdf) in an event?

regards
      Colette
        • 1. Re: Questions about ProcessConnect
          Please see replies inline:

Thanks

Arvind Jain
          Sr. Product Manager,
          Oracle AS Integration
          Hello,

I've got two questions about ProcessConnect:

- Where can I upload/insert my own transformation
          routine? I didn't find a button like 'Customer
          transformation' in InterConnect (iStudio).
          Use DTM (Datatype Transformation Map) tab to create a new custom DTM. Once created you can use it in your
          ETM (Event Transformation Maps).

Please see Chapter 13: Managing Transformations in Process Connect User Guide.
          - Is it possible to integrate a binary file (like
          pdf) in an event?
          YES, You will have to define that Native Format when you create the interaction in designtime. Please refer to

"Administering Native Formats" in Process Connect User Guide.

>
          regards
          Colette
          • 2. Re: Questions about ProcessConnect
            Hello,

thanks for the answer.

But with question one (transformations) I didn't mean transformations only with if - then - else or something like that. These area I already found. But I need very complex transformation routines with complex calculations, very special comparisons including operators that are not included in ProcessConnect like "like", "startsWith" and so on. So I think I have to import my own routines anywhere. Or is it not longer possible in ProcessConnect?

Regards
            Colette
            • 3. Re: Questions about ProcessConnect
              Colette,
              You are right that those complex functions cannot be done in the ProcessConnect 904(10g) version. There is no way to import your functions.

We have added this functionality in the next release of ProcessConnect which will be 10.1.2 Phase II release due by this calendar year end.

Thanks

Arvind Jain
              Sr. Product Manager,
              Oracle AS Integration
              • 4. Re: Questions about ProcessConnect
                Collette:
                If you are using iStudio (and that appears to be the case), there is a way to define your own Transformation functions. All you have to do for this is write your function in Java (or wrap it with Java), and provide iStudio a definition file.
                If you are using iStudio and are interested in pursuing this approach, please reply to this message.

----------------------
                Anshu Sharma
                OracleAS Integration Solutions
                ----------------------
                • 5. Re: Questions about ProcessConnect
                  Anshu,

no, I know iStudio and InterConnect from other projects. But in the actual case I use ProcessConnect.

Regards
                  Colette
                  • 6. Re: Questions about ProcessConnect
                    Hello,

by the way, I have two more questions:

- Is it possible to delete not needed data types? I didn't found a button. But there are up to 40 pre-installed types and many of that we do not use and so I want to increase the clearness.

- Does a possibility exists to make something dynamic like the "Cross Reference" in InterConnect in ProcessConnect too?

Thanks.
                    Colette
                    • 7. Re: Questions about ProcessConnect

Let's take this offline, so that I can provide in-depth help to you.

Please write me directly at Anshu (dot) Sharma @ oracle (dot) com via email.

Anshu Sharma
                      Software Development Manager, Solutions
                      OracleAS Integration