This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
I'm running out of time to test InterConnect, and I may advise my customer to go for another integration tool if I'm not able to make a datatransfer.
First I tried with 10gAS, but with no success. The midtier database was a 9.0, and interconnect asked for a 9.2. So then we installed a 220.127.116.11 db, and interconnect and iStudio without an AS.
The trouble is that we don't really get any information on either metalink or any forum about this error-message from the adapter log.
Any suggestion would be appreciated!
I will try to help you. Some things you may wish to check. (Note: This is for my 9iAS build on WinXP - so if you are Unix the filenames maybe different :-) )
1. Status of the infrastructure. When starting the infrastructure, do it in this order. Check the logs files at each point (where applicable).
(a) Oracle Hub Database
(b) Oracle Listener
-- Check a connection using SQL*Plus
(c) Oracle Internet Directory
-- Check the entries in oidldapd01.log. It should say "OiD LDAP server started"
-- Check the entries in oidmon.log. It should say "Updating Process Table...exit run"
-- These logs are found in $ORACLE_HOME/ldap/log
(d) Integration Respository Service
-- Check resposlog.txt file. It should say "*** Initialization is complete and repository is ready ***"
-- This log is found in $ORACLE_HOME/oai/9.0.2/repository
(e) Oracle Adapters
-- Check the oailog.txt files (you know where they are)
When stopping the integration infrastructure, you should stop it in the reverse order - cleanly. Avoid using "kill -9"! You can end up with problems - especially with OiD not starting correctly.
Another thing to try is to change the "Hub Queue Name" from lowercase to uppercase. Much to my amusement, I've known the case of the Hub Queue Name to cause me similar headaches.
(Before you make any changes, you may want to back-up your repository first using oaiexport.)
Stop your adapters, and clear out any persistence files from the $ORACLE_HOME/oai/9.0.2/adapters/[your_adapter]/persistence. Although it is not recommended, you can delete everything in this directory if you are sure that your in-process messages can be erased forever.
In iStudio, click on the Deploy tab. Find your Subscribing adapter. Under Routing > Message Capability Matrix, right-click and Edit. Change the "Hub Queue Name" to Uppercase.
e.g. oai_hub_queue to OAI_HUB_QUEUE
Re-start your adapters.
Try resending the message again.
I hope this helps,
THANK YOU!!!!!!! I really appritiate taking time to help me out here. I'm working on your suggestion (I'm on windows 2000 server), and I'll post my results afterwards. Again: THANKS!!!!
I tried again, with using upper-case on the hub_queue name, but no luck. This time I got no error messages in the adapterlog (or any other log), but we believe that the package (PL/SQL from iStudio) was never executed.
Thanks for your time!! Any other suggestions?
OK. When you say that you didn't get any errors this time, did you see the actual transaction going through the adapters?
What is your logging level on the adapters set to? In the adapter.ini file, set the "agent_log_level=2".
When you say that "the package (PL/SQL from iStudio) was never executed", is that the source (publish) application or your target (subscribe) application.
Some other checks to make are these:-
Log on via SQL*Plus to your publishing database, connecting to the OAI user (usually OAI/OAI) and do:-
select count(*) from oai.aotable;
select count(*) from oai.messageobjecttable;
If there is the same number of records on there, and your publishing adapter hasn't pick them up, then run this:-
select APPLICATIONTYPE from oai.messageobjecttable;
This should be the same as your publishing adapter name.
Hint: in adapter.ini check the entry for "application= "
// Application (as created in iStudio) that this Adapter corresponds to.
If they are different, or if APPLICATIONTYPE is null, then this is caused because you need to specify the "srcAppName" when you call your publish procedure.
If you send me a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org I'll send you a complete worked, yet simple, DB Adapter to DB Adapter example and code which may help you.
ORA-06550: Error in Oracle InterConnect DB Adapter