5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2004 2:37 PM by 416900

oracle.oai.agent.common.AgentRuntimeException: Messenger: could not send me

I'm having SERIOUS trouble with interconnect and DBAdapters. No message is sent to the OAI repository.
      help? I've been working on trying to get Interconnect and iStudio work for almost 2 weeks, and I'm kind of giving up... I'm using 9.2.0.4, and the same database (from schema1 to schema2) to transfer data from and to.

Log from my adapter:
      Tue Aug 31 15:17:52 CEST 2004: Could not send message to the broker. The message will automatically be resent once the error has been corrected.
      bo_person.insertPerson:OAI/V1,OAI/V1,true,0
      CUSTOMERID: 87.0
      FIRSTNAME: 4
      LASTNAME: 5
      EMAILADDRESS: 5

oracle.oai.agent.common.AgentRuntimeException: Messenger: could not send message. Messenger system (OMB or Oracle AQ) is possibly down.
           at oracle.oai.agent.common.jms.JMSManager.send(JMSManager.java:510)
           at oracle.oai.agent.server.messenger.mercury.MercuryMessenger.publish(MercuryMessenger.java:261)
           at oracle.oai.agent.server.OutMessageSender.processObject(OutMessageSender.java:106)
           at oracle.oai.agent.common.QueueAgentComponent.run(QueueAgentComponent.java:110)
           at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
      Tue Aug 31 15:17:52 CEST 2004: Messenger: Closing topic publisher: oai_hub_queue.
      Tue Aug 31 15:17:52 CEST 2004: Messenger: Closing publish topic session.
      Tue Aug 31 15:17:52 CEST 2004: Messenger: Closing topic connection.
      Tue Aug 31 15:17:52 CEST 2004: OutMessageTransformer: got a message for processing.
      Tue Aug 31 15:17:52 CEST 2004: InMessageTransformer: got a message for processing.
      Tue Aug 31 15:17:52 CEST 2004: InBound: Throughput (messages/sec) = 0.0
      Tue Aug 31 15:17:52 CEST 2004: InBound: Processed Message Count = 0
      Tue Aug 31 15:17:52 CEST 2004: InBound: Message Error Count = 0
      Tue Aug 31 15:17:52 CEST 2004: InBound: Recovered (from persistence and resubmission) Message Count = 0
      Tue Aug 31 15:17:52 CEST 2004: OutBound: Throughput (messages/sec) = 0.0
      Tue Aug 31 15:17:52 CEST 2004: OutBound: Processed Message Count = 0
      Tue Aug 31 15:17:52 CEST 2004: OutBound: Recovered (from persistence and resubmission) Message Count = 0
      Tue Aug 31 15:17:52 CEST 2004: OutBound: Message Error Count = 0
      Tue Aug 31 15:17:52 CEST 2004: MessageResubmitter_closingMessageReader
      Tue Aug 31 15:17:54 CEST 2004: Service stopped successfully.
        • 1. Re: oracle.oai.agent.common.AgentRuntimeException: Messenger: could not send me
          I'm running out of time to test InterConnect, and I may advise my customer to go for another integration tool if I'm not able to make a datatransfer.

First I tried with 10gAS, but with no success. The midtier database was a 9.0, and interconnect asked for a 9.2. So then we installed a 9.2.0.4 db, and interconnect and iStudio without an AS.

The trouble is that we don't really get any information on either metalink or any forum about this error-message from the adapter log.

Any suggestion would be appreciated!

Best Regards
          Kjersti
          • 2. Re: oracle.oai.agent.common.AgentRuntimeException: Messenger: could not send me
            Kjersti,

I will try to help you. Some things you may wish to check. (Note: This is for my 9iAS build on WinXP - so if you are Unix the filenames maybe different :-) )

1. Status of the infrastructure. When starting the infrastructure, do it in this order. Check the logs files at each point (where applicable).
            (a) Oracle Hub Database
            (b) Oracle Listener
            -- Check a connection using SQL*Plus
            (c) Oracle Internet Directory
            -- Check the entries in oidldapd01.log. It should say "OiD LDAP server started"
            -- Check the entries in oidmon.log. It should say "Updating Process Table...exit run"
            -- These logs are found in $ORACLE_HOME/ldap/log
            (d) Integration Respository Service
            -- Check resposlog.txt file. It should say "*** Initialization is complete and repository is ready ***"
            -- This log is found in $ORACLE_HOME/oai/9.0.2/repository
            (e) Oracle Adapters
            -- Check the oailog.txt files (you know where they are)

When stopping the integration infrastructure, you should stop it in the reverse order - cleanly. Avoid using "kill -9"! You can end up with problems - especially with OiD not starting correctly.

Another thing to try is to change the "Hub Queue Name" from lowercase to uppercase. Much to my amusement, I've known the case of the Hub Queue Name to cause me similar headaches.

(Before you make any changes, you may want to back-up your repository first using oaiexport.)

Stop your adapters, and clear out any persistence files from the $ORACLE_HOME/oai/9.0.2/adapters/[your_adapter]/persistence. Although it is not recommended, you can delete everything in this directory if you are sure that your in-process messages can be erased forever.

In iStudio, click on the Deploy tab. Find your Subscribing adapter. Under Routing > Message Capability Matrix, right-click and Edit. Change the "Hub Queue Name" to Uppercase.
            e.g. oai_hub_queue to OAI_HUB_QUEUE

Re-start your adapters.

Try resending the message again.

I hope this helps,
            Ian
            • 3. Re: oracle.oai.agent.common.AgentRuntimeException: Messenger: could not send me
              THANK YOU!!!!!!! I really appritiate taking time to help me out here. I'm working on your suggestion (I'm on windows 2000 server), and I'll post my results afterwards. Again: THANKS!!!!

Regards
              Kjersti
              • 4. Re: oracle.oai.agent.common.AgentRuntimeException: Messenger: could not send me
                Hey Ian,

I tried again, with using upper-case on the hub_queue name, but no luck. This time I got no error messages in the adapterlog (or any other log), but we believe that the package (PL/SQL from iStudio) was never executed.

Thanks for your time!! Any other suggestions?

Kjersti
                • 5. Re: oracle.oai.agent.common.AgentRuntimeException: Messenger: could not send me
                  Kjersti,

OK. When you say that you didn't get any errors this time, did you see the actual transaction going through the adapters?

What is your logging level on the adapters set to? In the adapter.ini file, set the "agent_log_level=2".

When you say that "the package (PL/SQL from iStudio) was never executed", is that the source (publish) application or your target (subscribe) application.

Some other checks to make are these:-

Log on via SQL*Plus to your publishing database, connecting to the OAI user (usually OAI/OAI) and do:-

select count(*) from oai.aotable;

and

select count(*) from oai.messageobjecttable;

If there is the same number of records on there, and your publishing adapter hasn't pick them up, then run this:-

select APPLICATIONTYPE from oai.messageobjecttable;

This should be the same as your publishing adapter name.
                  Hint: in adapter.ini check the entry for "application= "
                  e.g.
                  // Application (as created in iStudio) that this Adapter corresponds to.
                  application=DB1

If they are different, or if APPLICATIONTYPE is null, then this is caused because you need to specify the "srcAppName" when you call your publish procedure.

If you send me a mail to ian_scorrer@yahoo.com I'll send you a complete worked, yet simple, DB Adapter to DB Adapter example and code which may help you.

Ian

ORA-06550: Error in Oracle InterConnect DB Adapter