9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2004 9:24 PM by 349404

SAP Adapters not working

Hi,

I am having problem with the SAP adapter .
      When an IDOC is sent from SAP I get the following error message:

ERROR file opened at 20040909 031158 W. Europe Dayli, REL 46D,0,734, VER 3 MT-SL
      T:2608 ======> E-SAP0137: COULD NOT RETRIEVE DEFINITION OF IDOC TYPE DEBMAS05 raised by external server
      T:2608 <* RfcDispatch [9] : returns 1:RFC_FAILURE

I deleted the business object and recreated it , but still have the same problem.
      I do not know whether it is trying to retrieve the IDOC definition from the SAP server or from the repository database.

In the SAP Adapter configuration the IDOC definitions is set to use Host R/3 version .

Thanks,
      Devika.
        • 1. Re: SAP Adapters not working
          The following message was found in the log file for the SAP Adapter :

E-SAP0106: RFC error.
          Exception name: (none).
          Error key: CALL_FUNCTION_SIGNON_INCOMPL.
          Error message: >>>>
          Incomplete logon data.
          <<<< End of error message.

Thu Sep 09 16:11:48 CEST 2004: E-SAP0133: Factory creation failed during Inbound call because autologin was unsuccessful

• 2. Re: SAP Adapters not working
            Hi Devika,

we do not use IDOC but RFC but if I read your error messages (especially the login-message) I got some ideas. Please check the following in your configeditor:

- Did you enter the correct default and reference login information in configeditor?
            - Did you select the checkbox for enabling remote browsing?
            - Did you fill out the outbound parameters?

Which directness is the event you want to send? Is it your first event you send through SAP adapter? First time we had to send an event to SAP before we were able to send an event from SAP (because of registering in SAP).

Regards
            Colette
            • 3. Re: SAP Adapters not working
              Hi Colette,

I have all the parameters set in the Configeditor.
              But I get this error message in the log file:

Fri Sep 10 16:55:02 CEST 2004: E-SAP0110: RfcOpenEx returned RFC_HANDLE_NULL.
              Connection Parameters: ASHOST=xxxxxxxxxx SYSNR=00 LANG=EN CLIENT=100 USER= PASSWD=*****
              Fri Sep 10 16:55:02 CEST 2004: E-SAP0106: RFC error.
              Incomplete logon data.

Fri Sep 10 16:55:02 CEST 2004: E-SAP0133: Factory creation failed during Inbound call because autologin was unsuccessful

Here you see the User is blank. I have checked and reentered the user id so many times but I get the same error message with blank user id. Any idea what's happening here.

Thanks,
              Devika.

• 4. Re: SAP Adapters not working
                Hi Devika,

I've got some more points/questions to check:

did you entered both login settings - the 'Default Login to R/3' and the 'Reference Login to R/3'?

Did you test your connect informations in iStudio using the import wizard for browsing in R/3?

Do you use a profile or the global settings?

Does your hostname in 'SAP Host Definitions' is the same like the application name in iStudio?

Did you register your application through sending the very first event from your application to R/3 system?

Regards
                Colette
                • 5. Re: SAP Adapters not working
                  Hi Colette,

did you entered both login settings - the 'Default Login to R/3' and the 'Reference Login to R/3'?

- Yes I have entered both login settings

Did you test your connect informations in iStudio using the import wizard for browsing in R/3?

- I am able to connect and browse R/3 with the same parameters

Do you use a profile or the global settings?
                  - Profile settings

Does your hostname in 'SAP Host Definitions' is the same like the application name in iStudio?
                  - Yes it is same

Did you register your application through sending the very first event from your application to R/3 system?
                  - I had not done this. So I tried to send an IDOC from the Application to R/3. The log file on OAI said it was processed and transferred but nothing was received on the R/3 system.

In the log file the following message was displayed:

current R/3 session to retrieve repository information.

Fri Sep 10 20:18:04 CEST 2004: E-SAP0110: RfcOpenEx returned RFC_HANDLE_NULL.
                  Connection Parameters: ASHOST=xxxxxxx SYSNR=00 LANG=EN CLIENT=100 USER= PASSWD=*****

Fri Sep 10 20:18:04 CEST 2004: E-SAP0106: RFC error.
                  Incomplete logon data.

Fri Sep 10 20:18:04 CEST 2004: E-SAP0133: Factory creation failed during Inbound call because autologin was
                  unsuccessful
                  In the RFC_trace file , I get the following message
                  RfcOpen
                  options->destination = <unknown>
                  options->mode = RFC_MODE_VERSION_3
                  options->connopt.hostname = XXXXXXXXX
                  options->connopt.sysnr = 0
                  options->connopt.use_load_balancing = 0
                  options->connopt.lb_host = <NULL>
                  options->connopt.lb_system_name = <NULL>
                  options->connopt.lb_group = <NULL>
                  options->connopt.use_sapgui = 0
                  options->connopt.ext_data.snc_mode = 0
                  options->connopt.ext_data.snc_partnername = <NULL>
                  options->connopt.ext_data.snc_lib = <NULL>
                  options->client = 100
                  options->user = PASSWD=
                  options->password = XXXXXX
                  options->language = E
                  options->trace = 0

The user id here says options->user = PASSWD=
                  But I have checked the parameters in the configeditor and the userid is different . I have reentered this information but again I get the same error message. Seems like this might be the problem. But don't know why this is happening.

Thanks,
                  Devika.

• 6. Re: SAP Adapters not working
                    Hi Devika,

I also don't know why your user is empty but I have some more ideas what you can check:

You said that you use profile settings. Do you have more than one SAP adapter specification? If not try to set the checkboxes to use global settings and fill out global settings.

If you have more than one. Does your profile has the name of your adapter specification and iStudio application? (case sensitivity)

Do you processed all required steps inside SAP? For example we have to setup an TCP/IP connection inside SAP which name we have to fill in the 'RFC program ID' in categorie 'Outside SAP' from configeditor. Perhaps you have to do something similar for using IDOCs?

Do you use other interfaces with IDOCs to outside SAP in your company (independent from InterConnect)? Than you could compare if this interfaces works and which parameters are needed inside SAP.

Regards
                    Colette
                    • 7. Re: SAP Adapters not working
                      Hi Devika

I had exactly the same problem, i spent one horible afternoon on Friday to slove it.
                      I think you have SAP adapter installed in Windows system, right ?
                      Problem is:
                      You can't start and stop adapter trough the windows services.
                      You must start and stop SAP adapter trough the start.bat and stop.bat, then it works normal.

Regrads
                      Libor
                      • 8. Re: SAP Adapters not working
                        Have you tried contacting Oracle Support?

They should be able to assist you.
                        • 9. Re: SAP Adapters not working
                          Devika,

As far as I remember (and it's been a while since I last used the ConfigEditor) you don't need to provide the reference login information. In fact, that could be your problem.

However, another reason for this kind of behavior could be the setup of your ConfigEditor profiles. Does the profile under which you saved all these SAP settings in ConfigEditor match the application name in iStudio? If not, please change your ConfigEditor profile accordingly.

Thanks,
                          Markus