3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2004 3:33 PM by 4164

OEM Console -- question about features

Hi.

I have the application server installed and it has an oemapp console executable. When I run this, I do not see the features for the interconnect adapters, etc. Is there a separate install for these features?

I searched my enter drive to find the oemapp console within the interconnect oracle_homes, but no luck.

Any insight is appreciated.

Still new to this,
      Robin :)
        • 1. Re: OEM Console -- question about features
          Robin,

Have a look at the install guides for the Post Installation steps for Management Infrastructure. e.g.

1. Follow the instructions in post_installation_server.txt located in the $ORACLE_HOME\oai\9.0.2\console directory.

2. After taking a backup first, edit your oemapp.bat script (or oemapp if UNIX) located in your $ORACLE_HOME\bin directory.
          After the line that starts "SET XMLCLASSES=" add the following line:

SET OAIXMLCLASSES=[WHATEVER_YOUR_OAI_HOME_IS]\lib\xmlcomp.jar;[WHATEVER_YOUR_OAI_HOME_IS]\[YOUR_OAI_VERSION e.g 9.0.2]\lib\oai.jar

e.g. If my $ORACLE_HOME is D:\oracle\ora9ias, and my OAI version is 9iAS (9.0.2), then

SET OAIXMLCLASSES=D:\oracle\ora9ias\lib\xmlcomp.jar;D:\oracle\ora9ias\oai\9.0.2\lib\oai.jar

3. Still in oemapp.bat, on the line that starts "SET CLASSPATHADD=" add the following:
          ;%OAIXMLCLASSES%

Save oemapp.bat.

I personally start all my Integration Services first (Database, Listener, OiD, Repository and Adapters) before starting the ManagementServer service.

Once the ManagementServer service has started correctly, login to OEM Console and you should see the InterConnect node OK.

Hope this helps,
          Yan
          • 2. Re: OEM Console -- question about features
            Ian,

Thank you so much! I will try this and let you know my result.

Cheers,
            Robin
            • 3. Re: OEM Console -- question about features
              Ian,

Hi. I am using 10g (9.0.4), and the post_installation_server.txt gives instructions to append text to files that don't exist on my 10g install.

Also, at this version, the oemapp.bat file contains the lines for OAIXMLCLASSES--that must be an improvement ;)

Still trying,
              Robin