3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2004 10:18 AM by 416900

Can't find agent in workflow

Hi,

I try to complete the example in the user guide but I got an error message in the workflow.
      In my process I have 3 publish events but all of them has an error with the message: "WFE agent notexist" and the error stack: "Wf_Event.send(oai.purchase_order.po_insert.oai_v4.publish.oai_v1)Wf_Engine_Util.Event_Activity(PO,PO4,1202,run)"

Do I have to create an agent? Or what can be wrong?

The other question is how can delete an item type?
      Thanks,
      Orsi
        • 1. Re: Can't find agent in workflow
          Orsi,

My standalone 9iAS Integration build has the following Agents:-

OAI_WORKFLOW OWF_MGR.WF_OUT@IASDB.LOCALHOST SQLNET In Enabled

WF_DEFERRED OWF_MGR.WF_DEFERRED@IASDB.LOCALHOST SQLNET In Enabled

WF_ERROR OWF_MGR.WF_ERROR@IASDB.LOCALHOST SQLNET In Enabled

WF_IN OWF_MGR.WF_IN@IASDB.LOCALHOST SQLNET In Enabled

WF_OUT OWF_MGR.WF_OUT@IASDB.LOCALHOST SQLNET Out Enabled

WF_SMTP_O_1_QUEUE OWF_MGR.WF_SMTP_O_1_QUEUE@IASDB.LOCALHOST SQLNET In

Are your Agents any different?

Second thing to try, obviously, is to actually deploy the Events. Did you run the "Deploy to Workflow" task in iStudio? This task creates the Events in the Workflow Engine.

If that doesn't work another step you might want to check is just check the following in order to ensure your set-up is OK.

In Internet Explorer, invoke the Workflow Monitor (e.g. http://localhost:7777/pls/[YOUR_DAD]/wfa_html.home)

Select "Event Subscription". Do you have the following events?
          oracle.apps.wf.event.agent.create ,
          oracle.apps.wf.event.event.create and
          oracle.apps.wf.event.subscription.create ?

If not, add these 3 events. For each subscription, use the following values:

System --> Your OWF System (in my case it is IASDB.LOCALHOST)

Source Type --> External

Event filter --> The Event Name (e.g. oracle.apps.wf.event.agent.create / oracle.apps.wf.event.event.create / oracle.apps.wf.event.subscription.create )

Status --> Enabled

Rule Data --> Key

Rule Function --> wf_event_functions_pkg.receive

Description --> Oracle InterConnect Subscription

Once you have done this, stop and start you whole system (i.e. "bounce" the environment), and try the "Deploy to Workflow" task in iStudio again.

Hope this helps.
          Yan

• 2. Re: Can't find agent in workflow
            Hi Yan,

Thank you for your help. I didn't have thy agent OAI_WORKFLOW, so I created it manualy. I think that's not correct this way, because in the system identifier page it sais:

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End tag 'oracle.apps.wf.event.all.sync' does not match the start tag 'DISPLAY_NAME'. Error processing resource 'http://test/wf/wf_event_html.getsystemidentifier'. Line 111, Position 35

<DISPLAY_NAME>OAI_WORKFLOW</oracle.apps.wf.event.all.sync>
            ----------------------------------^

Did you create this agent manually?
            Anyway, now the process is working I could try it but it still does not receive the data from the AQ adapter.
            Do you have any other idea?
            Thanks a lot,
            Orsi

• 3. Re: Can't find agent in workflow
              Orsi,

I cannot really remember if I did or not have to add the OAI_WORKFLOW agent. I do remember, however, that I did have to create the Events described above though.

When you say "not receive the data from the AQ adapter", are you saying that your message does not go from your AQ Adapter to the OAI Workflow?

For me, when I use the OAI Workflow engine, the high-level route of the message is:-

Source System (Publish) >> (Publishing Application View to Common View)

- - Content Based Route to WORKFLOW >> (Common View to Subscribing Workflow View)

- - - - Workflow System (Subscribe) >> Message goes through the workflow. Either Approved or Rejected.

- - - - - - If Rejected (or timeout), the message is dropped.

- - - - - - If Approved then >>

- - - - Workflow System (Publish) >> (Publish Workflow View to Common View)

- - Content Based Route from WORKFLOW (to Subscribing Adapter)

Target System (Subscribe) (Common View to Subscribing Application View)

Routing messages through Workflow is a little different. Whereas your normal message would be Publish >> Subscribe, when you route your message to Workflow, the order is reversed to Subscribe>>Publish.

So,
              Source App (Publish)
              - - - - Workflow (Subscribe)
              - - - - Workflow (Publish)
              Target App (Subscribe)

Things to try are (1) ensure that your workflow has been set-up in the way described above. (2) ensure that your Content Based Routing rules are correct.

HTH,
              Yan