3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2005 4:32 PM by Klaker-Oracle

Calculation Builder Issue in Bi Beans version (3.1.0.55)

Hi,

I am embedding Calculation builder bean in an OA Page (OAF version 11.5.10K)in jdeveloper with bi beans library internal version(3.1.0.55). It is working fine. Now When I am trying to use the same OA controller code and OA page in quick apache env. with everything same, it is giving me following error :
      "
      java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
           at oracle.dss.thin.beans.calcBuilder.NameTypeCalcPage.getCalcBuilder(NameTypeCalcPage.java:905)
           at oracle.dss.thin.beans.calcBuilder.NameTypeCalcPage.initSaveCalcPage(NameTypeCalcPage.java:931)
           at oracle.dss.thin.beans.calcBuilder.NameTypeCalcPage.validateNext(NameTypeCalcPage.java:640)
           at oracle.dss.thin.beans.wizard.Wizard.handleNavigateEvent(Wizard.java:230)
           at oracle.dss.thin.beans.wizard.Wizard.handleComponentEvent(Wizard.java:203)
           at oracle.dss.thin.beans.BaseThinBeanUI.handleEvent(BaseThinBeanUI.java:198)
           at oracle.apps.ak.hello.webui.CalcBuilderCO.processFormRequest(CalcBuilderCO.java:202)
      "

This error is coming when i am clicking next button from first page of calculation builder.I have not been able to simulate same problem in my jdev env.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Calculation Builder Issue in Bi Beans version (3.1.0.55)
          Klaker-Oracle
          When you deployed to "quick apache env" (?) I presume you bundled all the required libraries. If this works OK in JDeveloper it would appear to be a deployment issue?

Business Intelligence Beans Product Management Team
          Oracle Corporation
          • 2. Re: Calculation Builder Issue in Bi Beans version (3.1.0.55)
            Hi,

I have bundled my controller classes for oa framework pages and copied it to APPL_TOP of quick apache so that quick apache can reference those at run time. All the standard libraries like bi beans apis,OA framework libs are given by quick apache itself. I am using OA framework version "510_v0_3875569". After selecting OA framwork version in quick apache configuration page, quick apache automatically add all the standard libraries to the run time environment.
            Now when i am trying to run calculation builder in above environment and clicking next button on first page i.e Name Type page. i am still getting the following exception. However this exception is not coming in my jdeveloper environment though it is using same OA framework version and bi beans apis.
            "
            java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
                 at oracle.dss.thin.beans.calcBuilder.NameTypeCalcPage.getCalcBuilder(NameTypeCalcPage.java:905)
                 at oracle.dss.thin.beans.calcBuilder.NameTypeCalcPage.initSaveCalcPage(NameTypeCalcPage.java:931)
                 at oracle.dss.thin.beans.calcBuilder.NameTypeCalcPage.validateNext(NameTypeCalcPage.java:640)
                 at oracle.dss.thin.beans.wizard.Wizard.handleNavigateEvent(Wizard.java:230)
                 at oracle.dss.thin.beans.wizard.Wizard.handleComponentEvent(Wizard.java:203)
                 at oracle.dss.thin.beans.BaseThinBeanUI.handleEvent(BaseThinBeanUI.java:198)
                 at oracle.apps.hcp.bi.util.BiBeansUtil.handleCalcBuilderEvent(BiBeansUtil.java:156)
                 at oracle.apps.hcp.bi.common.webui.CalculationBuilderCO._handleCalcBuilderEvent(CalculationBuilderCO.java:114)
            "

Thanks
            Lokesh
            • 3. Re: Calculation Builder Issue in Bi Beans version (3.1.0.55)
              Klaker-Oracle
              I presume you got the answer from development via the internal mailing list, however, if not here is the response:

The issue you are running into is a bug in the CalcBuilder code. The problem has to do with the use of a Servlet 2.1 API. In order to workaround this bug, you should have your QueryParameterProvider implementation return null from getHttpServletRequest() when it is rendering CalcBuilder.

Hope this helps

Business Intelligence Beans Product Management Team
              Oracle Corporation