1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2002 4:05 PM by dtrichar-Oracle

Please help - Oracle Reports 6i and Adobe

I'm having trouble using my oracle reports 6i postscript and pdf files in Adobe Acrobat 5.0.

I've run into 2 seperate issues that may be caused by the same thing.

1) If I generate my Oracle Report to a pdf file, I can pull up the file fine in Adobe. The problem is I cannot modify this file (combine other files with it) and resave it as another file name. Adobe gives a 'There was a problem reading this document (14)' error.

2) So I tried running the report as postscript and distilling using Adobe Distiller 5.0. Distiller gives the following error:

%%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: E*t600R&u600D*r0F&l1O&l0S&l0H&l2a8c1E*p0x0Y*c0t7632x5880Y&l1X ]%%

I've determined that 't600R' is the 600 dpi graphic setting on my hp printer. Not sure why this erroring out though.

Is there a setting within Oracle Reports 6i that Adobe cannot read? Or do my Distiller settings need adjusted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
        • 1. re:Please help - Oracle Reports 6i and Adobe
          dtrichar-Oracle
          Bradley,

Both of these issues sound like they should be directed to Adobe.

In the first case, it sounds like the file opens fine in Adobe, but once you combine this with other files and resave you get this error when you try and open the files again. It's Adobe that's saving the files at this point (Reports is pretty much out of the picture). You may want to try with Reports 9i, where a higher level of PDF is output, but that doesn't mean that Adobe shouldn't deal with the earlier versons.

In the second case, Reports outputs PostScript via the standard windows printer drivers and APIs - there's no special settings for this (in fact it looks like this is a standard initialization parameter for the printer). Again, you should probably contact Adobe for more assistance.

Hope this helps,

Danny