1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2005 6:57 AM by 98488 Go to original post
      • 15. Re: 11i on XP installation problem
        If I look at the basic error message,

The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe.
        RW-50004: Error code received when running external process.

Looks like there are some issues with the porcess communication at the OS level... Just have a thorough check on event viewer in SYSTEM , Security and Application to capture more information on this issue....

Is service pack applied and any OS level issues u have before .... ?

-Rahul
        • 16. Re: 11i on XP installation problem
          Sorry I have to ask you these questions:

1. Did you create the stage area directory as suggested by Oracle with perl adautostg.pl? There should be about 16G data in the folder with a top-level directory <Stage11i>,with subdirectories startCD, oraApps, oraDB, oraiAS and oraAppDB.

2. Since you reinstalled the suite last night, did you see the config.txt log for pre-installation setup? If not, search it.

3. Is Oracle installation guide( r11510ins.pdf) helpful?

4. I know XP is your pc os, is windows Server too as dual systems? It seems you use server remotely logged in from a mapped drive G. If so, I am not sure if this will work out.
          • 17. Re: 11i on XP installation problem
            1. I can't create the stage area. I downloaded and installed the active perl(ActivePerl-5.8.6.811-MSWin32-x86-122208.msi) from perl.com, ran the adautostg.pl, but nothing happened except a command window prompted up but closed in less than a second. By the way, I downloaded all the 49 installation files and saved them in the harddrive. So they are not from the CDs or DVDs. During the previous installation attempts, I just entered the path of folder one by one when asked.

2. I saved it to a permenent location this time. The only thing I feel strange is
            "s_jdktop=g:\oracle\erpcomn\util\java\1.4\j2sdk1.4.2_04".
            I suppose it should be "d:\jdk15\bin". Is this correct?

3.the installation guide is helpful. But unfortunatly, I can't find the answer of my question from it.

4. Yes, I have installed both of the windows OS on my PC, C drive for XP, D drive for 2003. Last night I installed the suite again, without using remote desktop. But the problem is the same.

By the way, I used the default ID (administrator) to install the suite.

• 18. Re: 11i on XP installation problem
              I have these questions:

1) When installing on Win2003 system, do I need to add any specific role to this server? So far I didn't add any of it.

2) Do I need to install JDK and JRE? The suite has JDK1.4 with itself. If I need to do so, does the version matter? The current version I can get from SUN.com is JDK1.5.

3) From the event viewer, I found there were four warnings just after I restarted the PC.

<Warning 1> : The system failed to register host (A) resource records (RRs) for network adapter
              with settings:

Adapter Name : {xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx}
              Host Name : myPC
              Primary Domain Suffix : erp.com
              DNS server list :      192.168.254.254
              Sent update to server : xx.xxx.xxx.xx
              IP Address(es) : 192.168.254.25

<Warning 2> : The Security System could not establish a secured connection with the server DNS/ns1.mydyndns.org. No authentication protocol was available.

<Warning 3> : The Security System detected an authentication error for the server DNS/ns1.mydyndns.org. The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
              (0xc000005e)".

<Warning 4> :Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address ************. The following error occurred:
              The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

----------------------
              I don't know whether they are the root causes of the previous failed installations. If so, can anybody help me to fix them?

Thanks
              • 19. Re: 11i on XP installation problem
                At this time, I would suggest:

Win server configuration

1. Log on to os as admin and go to start> administrative tools>configure your server wizard> Domain Controller to create a domain name. And then go back to start>administrative tools>'Active Directory users and computer' to create a user as a member of administrators and domain user groups. Log out as admin and log in as the new user name.

2. Check and remember mks, vc and java(1.3, 1.4 or 1.5) locations and their real folder names. You have to change your pre-installation configurations accordingly.

3. Remember where you keep your config.txt file for reference and for re-starting the installation. Don't use default location, change it to your document folder.

Staging folder

1. Since you have all the cd files in the hd, you can move them easily to create a staging area with new folder names like(11.5.9):

Folder:     Stage11i, under it create 5 folders: startCD,oraApps,oraDB,oraiAS,oraAppDB.
                under startCD, create Disk1 foler; under oraApps create Disk1-disk5 folders; under oraDB create Disk1-Disk4 folders; under oraiAS create Disk1-Disk3 folders and under oraAppDB create Disk1-Disk18 folders.

Moving your cd files to new folders:
                startCD= cd start here
                oraApps=CD Appl_top
                oraDB= CD RDBMS
                oraiAS=CD Tools
                oraAppDB=CD database     

Just hope these hints could help.          
                • 20. Re: 11i on XP installation problem
                  Thank you very much, Harry.

By following your direction, I finally went through the installation. I think the main reason of previous failures is I didn't create the domain name through the Domain Controller (Active Directory). This should be important for installation on Win2003.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

1 2 Previous Next