3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 19, 2005 5:22 PM by 438255

unable to run form - html displayed

Hi

Everytime I try to run my form a browser window opens up but all it displays is some html code. The html code is:

<html> <head> ORACLE FORMS.</head>
      <body onload="document.pform.submit();" >
      <form name="pform" action="http://manesh:8889/forms90/f90servlet" method="POST">
      <input type="hidden" name="form" value="C:\Documents and Settings\Manesh Mistry\My Documents\WorkFJS\TESQA\test.fmx">
      <input type="hidden" name="obr" value="yes">
      <input type="hidden" name="array" value="YES">
      </form> </body></html>

I have started my OC4J Instance before I run the form. Does anyone know what the problem is - some help would be much appreciated.

• 1. Re: unable to run form - html displayed
          HELLO MANESH
          PLZ KEEP YOUR FORM IN A FOLDER OR DIRECTORY WHICH DOES NOT HAVE ANY SPACES IN ITS NAME.
          As the code specifies that "Document and Settings" this has spaces and it will not run your form, if there is any space in the form-path.
          AND, also please make your default browser as IE.
          START THE "ORACLE FORM BUILDER", THEN GO TO " EDIT"
          -> PREFERENCE ->RUNTIME -> WEBBROWSER LOCATION.
          PLZ DONT FORGET TO SET YOUR "APPLICATION SERVER URL".

Hope this works with you ....

cheers
          • 2. Re: unable to run form - html displayed
            Frank Nimphius-Oracle
            Manesh,

this is a problem that I've found on XP systems only so far.

In Forms 10g we introduced a new feature that is supposed to hide the userid from the request URL in the Developer Suite by generating a HTML form and redirect the request to this form. For some reason this doesn't work well on some XP systems. This doesn't reproduce in the upcoming Developer Suite 10.1.2. Until then, pleae add the followung variable to the Windows regisry (Home of the Developer Suite installation)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\<Developer Suite Home e.g HOME 2>

FORMS90_HIDE_OBR_PARAMS set its value to 0

This will switch off the password hiding feature and allows you to run the Forms from the Developer Suite.

Frank
            • 3. Re: unable to run form - html displayed
              Thanks for your suggestions!

Frank once I applied your registry fix - the Forms started working fine! :-) Was a very unusual problem.....

Regards
              Manesh